Human Phys help--been sick

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AllSmiles66

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know a lot of you are geniuses out there! I've been sick lately and I was just wondering if any of you all would be able to help me out with a Human PHysiology practice quiz? I'll be online right now so if you can help, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!! I'll love you for life! It won't take long!

Members don't see this ad.

AllSmiles66 said:
Hey everyone, I know a lot of you are geniuses out there! I've been sick lately and I was just wondering if any of you all would be able to help me out with a Human PHysiology practice quiz? I'll be online right now so if you can help, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!! I'll love you for life! It won't take long!

What do you want to know

Can I post a series of questions? They're multiple choice but I'm a little bit stumped.

Members don't see this ad :)
AllSmiles66 said:
Can I post a series of questions? They're multiple choice but I'm a little bit stumped.

Fire ahead I won't claim to be a genius but I'm done with Physiology

Which of the following statements regarding mediated transport across cell membranes is correct?
Question 2 answers
All mediated transport requires the expenditure of metabolic energy.
All solutes crossing cell membranes by mediated transport are moved against their concentration gradient (i.e. from low concentration to high concentration).
All mediated transport is saturable.
A and B.

all mediated go from low to high... thats why they are mediated...but all dont need energy... and are not saturable...

Placing a typical mammalian epithelial cell in a 400 milliosmolar solution, will cause the cell to

shrink, because water will move out of the cell

expand, because water will move into the cell

neither shrink nor swell

either shrink, swell, or stay the same size, depending on the nautre of the solute molecules.

Compared to a normal mammalian cell, a 150 mM solution of NaCl is
Question 8 answers

hypoosmotic and hypotonic

isoosmotic and isotonic

hypoosmotic and isotonic

isoosmotic and hypotonic

Placing a typical mammalian epithelial cell in a 400 milliosmolar solution, will cause the cell to
Question 10 answers

shrink, because water will move out of the cell

expand, because water will move into the cell

neither shrink nor swell

either shrink, swell, or stay the same size, depending on the nautre of the solute molecules.

If "mediated" means channel or pore - (not primary, secondary transport) -
then it is saturatable. This means that there is a maximum rate that solutes can pass through the pore.

I think isoosmotic is around 300 mos. So, the solution would be hypertonic: water would leave the cell (shrink) along it's concentration gradient.

150 mmol NaCl is isotonic (150 x 2 imperbeable ions = 300 mos)

perhaps you should read the first chapter of your physio book.