HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION: DUAL ACCEPTANCE AT BAD TIMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DZT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to medical school next year, and I'm a bit unfamiliar with the nitty gritty of the acceptance procedures. I was wondering that if I apply to say, 2 schools-one mediocre and one stellar-and I get accepted to both. Financial matters aside, I will naturally choose the better school, but what if the inferior school sends its acceptance 3-4 weeks b4 the better school and gives me 2 weeks to make up my mind. Out of fear, one may be inclined to accept the bid of the inferior school in fear that they may not gain acceptance to the better school. This may be a rather fairly uncommon scenario, since the better med schools are not too hesistant in sending u their NO, but still, what do u do in this situation, if it exists?!

Members don't see this ad.

You can withdraw after you accept an acceptance. So here's what you do: accept the first acceptance (send in the deposit), then accept the second (better) acceptance and simultaneously withdraw from the first (unwanted) acceptance.

Damn, I feel like such a kid on this forum. Hey bjc, thanks for clarifying that. I thought that once u accept a seat at a school, its FINAL.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can hold multiple acceptances until May 15. :)

Ditto what SMW said....unitl May 15th you can hold multiple acceptances. After that point you have to decide on one and withdraw from the other schools :)

Basically, you have two weeks to pay your deposit to hold a spot in that school's class. And if you decide to withdraw the acceptance, the deposit is refundable if it is before May 15th. So, you can definitely hold on to multiple acceptances and get your deposits back at the places where you withdrew, if it is done before May 15.

Thanks y'all.