SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION: DUAL ACCEPTANCE AT BAD TIMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DZT, Mar 27, 2002.

  1. DZT

    DZT Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    219
    1
    Jan 13, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm applying to medical school next year, and I'm a bit unfamiliar with the nitty gritty of the acceptance procedures. I was wondering that if I apply to say, 2 schools-one mediocre and one stellar-and I get accepted to both. Financial matters aside, I will naturally choose the better school, but what if the inferior school sends its acceptance 3-4 weeks b4 the better school and gives me 2 weeks to make up my mind. Out of fear, one may be inclined to accept the bid of the inferior school in fear that they may not gain acceptance to the better school. This may be a rather fairly uncommon scenario, since the better med schools are not too hesistant in sending u their NO, but still, what do u do in this situation, if it exists?!
     
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Diogenes

    Diogenes Succat 7+ Year Member

    2,829
    5
    Jan 30, 2002
    California
    You can withdraw after you accept an acceptance. So here's what you do: accept the first acceptance (send in the deposit), then accept the second (better) acceptance and simultaneously withdraw from the first (unwanted) acceptance.
     
  4. DZT

    DZT Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    219
    1
    Jan 13, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Damn, I feel like such a kid on this forum. Hey bjc, thanks for clarifying that. I thought that once u accept a seat at a school, its FINAL.
     
  5. SMW

    SMW Grand Member 7+ Year Member

    3,760
    0
    Jul 12, 2001
    anchorage, ak
    You can hold multiple acceptances until May 15. :)
     
  6. megkudos

    megkudos Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    530
    3
    Dec 18, 2001
    New Jersey
    Ditto what SMW said....unitl May 15th you can hold multiple acceptances. After that point you have to decide on one and withdraw from the other schools :)
     
  7. Daredevil

    Daredevil Senior Member 10+ Year Member

    437
    0
    Jul 28, 2001
    NY
    Basically, you have two weeks to pay your deposit to hold a spot in that school's class. And if you decide to withdraw the acceptance, the deposit is refundable if it is before May 15th. So, you can definitely hold on to multiple acceptances and get your deposits back at the places where you withdrew, if it is done before May 15.
     
  8. DZT

    DZT Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    219
    1
    Jan 13, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks y'all.
     

Share This Page