1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

I always wanted too know...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Taty, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taty

Taty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Guys, could you please tell me what is the difference between DMD and DDS?

2. OP
    OP
    Taty

Taty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thank you:)

3. t man

t man Epoxi-Lips
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    if you look in the dental forum, there are a bunch of answers to FAQs like yours:

i didn't click on any of the links posted, but they probably say something very similar (perhaps even in more detail) than this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Sprgrover

Sprgrover Pulped out Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Normally I don't close threads until it is absolutely necessary, but this topic has been beat to a bloody pulp so many times before that I see no reason to let it happen again. A quick search will yield many, many threads dedicated to this eternal question. As others have pointed out, the difference is only in the letters; there's no special training in one versus the other, there is no truth whatsoever that one can only do certrain procedures, and so on. Both spell "dentist". Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.