I am applying to FP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggies33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to family medicine, it is my fiance who is not. I have tried to research the FP programs in CHICAGO but haven't had much luck narrowing it down. I am from a good medical school in Dallas, TX and have good scores. I am looking for a comprehensive program and one that is going to provide a supportive atmosphere for learning.

Thanks again and sorry for the mistake.

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to family medicine, it is my fiance who is not. I have tried to research the FP programs in CHICAGO but haven't had much luck narrowing it down. I am from a good medical school in Dallas, TX and have good scores. I am looking for a comprehensive program and one that is going to provide a supportive atmosphere for learning.

Thanks again and sorry for the mistake.

no problem. i thought something like that. Well I used to live in chicago, not there now, but am familiar an interviewd in some of the hospitals. It depends a little on what you like, opposed or unopposed, in the city, or in the burbs..
there are a lot. that said, Northwest is a good program, well rounded, i have a friend who went there. advocate christ is a very good program too then there is UIC which and cook which are good, but more inner city/urban, so basically i would suggest go to AAFP.org and look at residencies and then look at what type of location setting, and the little extra information they give on the programs..
gluck