I am Confused and Need Help PLEASE!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbabbas84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, before I get started with my questions. I want to thank in advance for any comments and help. I am about to take the PCAT in June 20th this year. When should I start applying for schools? How many schools should I apply at? For me it does not matter that much for where I get in as long as I get in. I am not saying that I am RICH!!! but I think I will be able to afford a lil above average..(parents).. lol.. Any advice on which school might be easier to get in and not TOO expensive?? I was told that when you take the PCAT you can choose like 3 schools you want to apply at, but how do I choose more??? Has anyone takin the Pcat in Jan of 09?? How was it? any comments??

Members don't see this ad.

The PCAT offers to send your scores to whichever schools you choose. A lot of schools process applications through a system called PharmCAS where you fill out your application and when your file is complete, it is passed on to the pharmacy schools you designate. If you plan to apply to schools currently using PharmCAS, one of the "schools" you must choose to send your scores to is PharmCAS, Waterloo (or wherever it is).

PharmCAS opens sometime in the summer, around June. You can start filling out all the details then. From there, you can see all the schools available through that system and the deadlines for application processing, and work from there. Keep in mind some schools require supplemental applications and supplemental fees in addition to the fee you pay to PharmCAS so be sure to look into it.

You really need to do your own research as to what schools you want to go to and how many to apply; we can't really answer that for you.

also check out the faqs at the top of the forum and then ask any remaining questions you have.