I am Fricken Amazed and So very Exited

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

PreMeddieRick

Okay guys! I went in and started volunteering at the Burn Unit near the university that I attend. I cannot begin to tell you how in awe I was, and how awesome the Medical field is! I have never had volunteer experience before, but I can tell you that just after one day of doing this I am 99% sure now that I really wanted to do this with my life! I am currently a sophmore, and up until last week I was hesitant committing to a dream so big, but I think I recieved the personal confirmation that I was looking for! Thank you everyone for all your insight on everything! If you haven't volunteered yet, I would STRONGLY recommend it! It's Fricken amazing!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
-PreMeddieRick

Members don't see this ad.

I completely agree. It's such an envigorating feeling when you discover for the first time that medicine is the career for you. Of all places, I got it freshman year while shadowing a pediatric oncologist. An undoubtedly depressing position, but the experience of recognizing a place where you belong is tremendous. Congrats!

Conferences help too :) I was having a rough time with grades and thought I should just go into nursing....that weekend I held a brain though and the anatomy was just amazing!! Made me do a 180 :)