I am so excited my FIRST Shadow!

Started by kitkat2388
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kitkat2388

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What should I expect? The Vet I am going to see was very sweet on the phone she said I could shadow a heart worming procedure tomorrow morning. She also said that she didn't have any positions open but I could do a internship and when a spot opens I could have it! She said she knew what it was like to be me and trying to get some exp. Its an hour drive but I have to take it right??? I am a just starting my pre reqs.
 
There are a bunch of threads about what to expect on your first day of shadowing. Long story short, it will vary with the clinic. Most won't allow you to handle animals or interact with clients. Dress professionally (think business casual), be polite to everyone and don't be afraid to bring a notebook and ask questions (at appropriate times). If all goes well, you can ask about arranging a future visit.

You don't have to take the opportunity but it would be a good first step. Might want to look into somewhere closer if possible, but for now it's worth the drive.