I Believe In MIRACLES...I Think.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmIDoomed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! SDN newbie here. I've been "lurking", for a while but I figured I'd give this a go. I'm not sure if I'm being unrealistic so I figured I'd ask:

Just like my SDN name implies, am I doomed?
*UG GPA: 3.2 (B.S. in Bio...like every other Tom, Dick and Harry)
*Healthcare Prof GPA: 2.8 <--Good Lord!!! :(

Are my chances shot if I want to head to medical school?? I'm 25 so I'm a non-trad. I've learned a lot in the past, I'm more mature and I'm ready to work my butt off, every single day during school. I've researched every career and I can only see myself being a doctor. Thing is, I'm not sure if I shot myself in the foot during my "lackadaisical" and severely depressed days. :smack: *sigh* I'm ready to study my ___ off for the MCAT. I have good EC's, will increase my volunteering before I apply and I can rack up good LORs. Thanks for the feedback... (and if a miracle is possible, which schools? Thanks.)

Edit: Deleted GPA explanations. Post was a tad long...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anything is possible

Hit the MCAT hard, apply DO.

And dont underestimate the wonder of a few 4.0 semesters.

Good luck

I concur, apply DO. Your stats leave very little shot of a MD school. It will probably be better anyway since they have a lot more non-trads. MD schools on the other hand are full of neurotic 22 or 23 year olds.

Members don't see this ad :)
a 3.2 coupled with a 33 mcat could make you competitive for DO schools.