I failed... my test. + Other issues.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xkcd42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my first Anatomy lecture exam and I failed the test.

I studied material real hard by listening to the lectures and re-write the notes and memorize the important parts such as connective tissues.

Does this mean I will not become a good RN because I failed first Anatomy test? Once I am in the program, will there be reviews for Anatomy and Physiology?

Also, I feel like I am minority because I am a guy and the school itself is already 60% of women. (Only 2 guys in Anatomy lecture, including me).

SDN people, will there be sexual discriminations in nursing field?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, anatomy is important because you need to have a solid understanding before moving on to pathophysiology and pharmacology.

You also need to use the technical terms in the workplace.

If you fail anatomy, you will not be allowed to move on to the upper year.

I had my first Anatomy lecture exam and I failed the test.

I studied material real hard by listening to the lectures and re-write the notes and memorize the important parts such as connective tissues.

Does this mean I will not become a good RN because I failed first Anatomy test? Once I am in the program, will there be reviews for Anatomy and Physiology?

Also, I feel like I am minority because I am a guy and the school itself is already 60% of women. (Only 2 guys in Anatomy lecture, including me).

SDN people, will there be sexual discriminations in nursing field?

Lots of men have successfully completed nursing programs, so don't even think of "going there."

Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of men have successfully completed nursing programs, so don't even think of "going there."

Are there many male on this forum as well?

Thank you in advance,

xkcd42

methinks I smell a troll:laugh:

Trolling for males??????

methinks I smell a troll:laugh:
Methinks I agree. I doubt a man who was seriously considering nursing would still be asking these petty questions.

I always cringe when a man says "the wife". It's sounds inherently misogynistic, if you ask me T.T
I heard my dad talking on the phone and he said "the wife" and I said, "did you just call my mother 'the wife'?"
Let's say I was not very amused.

Methinks I agree. I doubt a man who was seriously considering nursing would still be asking these petty questions.

I always cringe when a man says "the wife". It's sounds inherently misogynistic, if you ask me T.T
I heard my dad talking on the phone and he said "the wife" and I said, "did you just call my mother 'the wife'?"

I don't think I have ever heard a woman refer to her spouse as "the husband."

My wife refers to me as "the husband" sometimes. I put on a front as to not show her how hurt I really am. I cry myself to sleep at night from all the abuse.

Can you be a nurse without knowing alot of anatomy, sure! Just not a clinical one. Maybe a sales rep or checking TB test at a clinic or an administrator. Don't let it get ya down though. You just need to find a study method that works for you. I read the chapters 3 times each for my test and stayed late after lab to study. It was a lot of work but if you learn it now then it will be so much easier later. All that work I did in undergrad is making things alot easier in grad school anatomy.

And if you REALLY can't hack it...it's either a overly tough instructor or you're not cut out for this line of work.

P.S. Yes, there is discrimination of males in nursing school. Not all schools, but enough to matter. Most of the males in my class were hated by a few instructors. It never affected our grades, but heaven help us if we didn't wear white shoes or some other b.s.

Last edited:
In my experience in nursing school, the male students were looked on very favorably and were highly encouraged.

Let's just say I was in a big hurry. How about "the little woman?" :love:

Sounds like the OP needs to man up and grow a pair & pass the freakin course.

Sounds like the OP needs to man up and grow a pair & pass the freakin course.

Indeed I do after reading the comments.

I'm not going to let down myself just for the freaking one test.

I love being criticized.

Sometimes you just need to know what type of learner you are. Everyone is different, but all the standardized testing is the same. I would suggest a study group. Some one may say something that will make it click in your brain like a lightbulb, and you may have never thought of on your own. Also if you want a better male friendly atmosphere for nursing, I suggest that you move to Australia ( 15% of nurses are male ) or if you do well in school, go into critical care or emergency medicine... lots of dude nurses in those fields. As long as you are professional and do your job well everyone will respect you, regardless of whether they like you. You just better be sure nursing is for you.