I failed the patp/wreb..please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveSmiles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. SURPRISINGLY i failed the patp section and i have NO clue how. I felt that my case was straight forward and easy. I guess i failed for overtreatment and perio recall. How can we rely on the grading for this exam? It is the most ridiculous exam bc the xrays are not good and thy dont provide enough info on the case.

Can someone pls provide any tips, advice or study material for me pls???

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

i belive wreb references the book treatment planning in dentistry. perhaps getting a copy of that book will help out a lot. google the boojk or get it in amazon.

Hi everyone. SURPRISINGLY i failed the patp section and i have NO clue how. I felt that my case was straight forward and easy. I guess i failed for overtreatment and perio recall. How can we rely on the grading for this exam? It is the most ridiculous exam bc the xrays are not good and thy dont provide enough info on the case.

Thank you.

I thought the key for passing this section is imitating the format of the example as closely as you can.

Read and study the example they give you in the exam. Copy the lay-out exactly. And state your answers in the format the example states them in.

Its not how much you actually know. You have to play "their game", and deliver your answer the way they want it.

hi, do you know how long I need to wait to register PATP exam? can I know what is your case (adult, or pedo)?

I am a bad luck man and I got one pedo case. I thought I most probably will fail in this part of PATP since I am a general dentist and I have no much experience in pedo patient.

thank you

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
treatment for pedo is different from the treatment from adult, especially it is very easy to overtreat.

QUOTE=Basler30;13907644]What was so the difficult part about the pedo case?[/QUOTE]