i feel cheated from Princeton Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ablumoon

=)
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I took the Princeton Review course this semester and will be taking the MCAT in august. i shipped my books to the east coast from here and the stupid post office of course lost my entire order. Is anyone familiar with this situation? Do you know if Princeton Review will give me another set of books? THey are horrible and responding quickly to students. I feel so frustrated and cheated out of my money...I spent $1500 on that course!!

Sumayya

Members don't see this ad.

go to princetonreview.com and call them explaining the situation, unfortunately if it was USPS it is lost or might arrive at the destination in a couple weeks, UPS could be a diff story...maybe you could score some books off ebay or last years, they are exactly the same...

Just as a side comment, I also noticed that TPR's customer service doesn't seem very personable or eager to help usually. The customer support at Kaplan is one of the best I have ever dealt with. If you are paying 1500 for a course, you should get amazing customer service.

i dont understand how princeton review cheated you out of your money...

Members don't see this ad :)
lol. it isn't TPR's fault.. but i feel kinda weird about it too. part of me feels like i got a $1400 subway sandwich :)

willthatsall said:
Just as a side comment, I also noticed that TPR's customer service doesn't seem very personable or eager to help usually. The customer support at Kaplan is one of the best I have ever dealt with. If you are paying 1500 for a course, you should get amazing customer service.

Agreed about what you deserve. But isn't it more important that you get instructors who are eager, energetic, personable, articulate, and knowledgable? If that's true (and we haven't addressed this in this thread, which is fine), then isn't that going to ouweigh how you feel about the front office people? Which is going to have the greatest effect on your ability to raise your score?

I also concur with others that the subject header of this thread is misleading. If it is really TPR whom the original poster feels cheated by, I suggest he/she reexamine the chain of events.

TPR needs to get their act together, and get more professional by taking a leaf out of Kaplan's book.

The MCAT review sessions I attended by TPR were taught by what seemed like freshmen, who knew nothing outside of the pages in their hands. Absolutely no value add imho.

Shrike said:
Agreed about what you deserve. But isn't it more important that you get instructors who are eager, energetic, personable, articulate, and knowledgable? If that's true (and we haven't addressed this in this thread, which is fine), then isn't that going to ouweigh how you feel about the front office people? Which is going to have the greatest effect on your ability to raise your score?

I also concur with others that the subject header of this thread is misleading. If it is really TPR whom the original poster feels cheated by, I suggest he/she reexamine the chain of events.

Of course the instructors are more important, but the quality of the instructor varies widely from center to center. In theory, the quality of customer service should be pretty much standard and I have spoken to both TPR and Kaplan on several occasions over the phone. TPR often doesn't have the answer I am looking for and when they find it they end up reading it off of a sheet. I'm not saying it's a bad program, but their customer service leaves me with the perception that they don't have their act together and they aren't very eager to help. Obviously this guy's problem isn't with TPR though. I don't blame them for not giving him new books for free. The package wasn't lost on the way from TPR to him, so it's not their responsibility.

i don't know about TPR, but if you need to replace your Kaplan books, it's usually just a $60 charge.

farleyisgod said:
TPR also charges a nominal fee for replacement books.

Unfortunately, unless it's changed recently that "nominal" fee is comfortably into three figures. It's not unthinkable that someone could bend the rules here, but to begin with the poster has a problem. Whatever we do charge (I really don't know, except that it's hundreds), UPS will probably have to cough up, but what a pain. I hope it gets worked out.