I feel like a dick...but I really want to do this...please advise!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude there is no way you are going to be able to do anything to harm this girl by contacting her medical school. Wont happen, youll just look like a douche. But, by all means, if it makes you sleep better at night go for it and like other people have said, post the video here.

Members don't see this ad.

so here's the deal. this girl falsely spread rumors about my friend, saying that he harassed/stalked her, none of those ever happened. she even made claims against my friend to the student affairs office, and because the burden of proof for harassment/sexual assault charges are so low (preponderance of evidence = 50%, thanks to Joe Biden) on american campuses, my friend was found responsible for actions he never came close to committing. and we should all know how much of the judicial systems in american colleges are mostly kangroo courts where innocent and good people get convicted without any evidence.

I have some understanding of situations like this. I have a friend who has spent several days in jail due to false accusations of harassment from his ex, all of which I know to be false. I don't often call women crazy, but I think she actually does have some sort of mental or personality disorder. She has been doing this for years, and they have a kid together, so they have to keep in some form of contact. There have been times when the courts have taken her word alone, and there have also been times when they have found him not guilty--but she never gets any repercussions for false accusations. Since I care for my friend, I also understand your desire to get even. But, having known people like the girl that hurt your friend, I promise you that they ALWAYS find a way to get the benefit of the situation if you try to exact revenge. It isn't worth it.

Specifically what kind of harassing and stalking and how did she prove it? I think your friend should be more concerned with clearing his own name...

I seem to remember a thread here about a foreign student who unintentionally "harassed" a female student in the library over study room reservations, and his language barrier made it difficult to defend himself in the student court and he got a restraining order put on him.

Members don't see this ad :)
so here's the deal. this girl falsely spread rumors about my friend, saying that he harassed/stalked her, none of those ever happened. she even made claims against my friend to the student affairs office, and because the burden of proof for harassment/sexual assault charges are so low (preponderance of evidence = 50%, thanks to Joe Biden) on american campuses, my friend was found responsible for actions he never came close to committing. and we should all know how much of the judicial systems in american colleges are mostly kangroo courts where innocent and good people get convicted without any evidence.

but if those things never happened, why did she do all of this in the first place? Did they used to date? did she pick his name out of a hat and said "today i'm going to screw over this guy"?

my friend never dated this girl. they were good friends for a while, but then my friend wanted to stop the friendship and the girl apparently didn't want to.

my friend never dated this girl. they were good friends for a while, but then my friend wanted to stop the friendship and the girl apparently didn't want to.

C'mon. Just admit it. You're talking about yourself, right?

Stop the friendship? For a wonderful girl like that? Unbelievable...

Lesson learned: if a crazy friend outs themself as crazy and you want to distance yourself, just start ignoring them. If they keep at it, then they're the stalker, not you.

talking about myself? haha...to be completely honest... a part of me do wish that this happened to me instead of my friend. He doesn't handle this kind of stress as well as I do...and seeing him suffer has taken a toll on me as well.

seeing my friend going through this however, i did make a conscious decision to stay away from girls/relationships during college. that's not really relevant to the issue at hand, but i thoguht i'd mention it.

but let me say it again: i am not talking about myself. can't really prove it to you other than giving my word.

I have some understanding of situations like this. I have a friend who has spent several days in jail due to false accusations of harassment from his ex, all of which I know to be false. I don't often call women crazy, but I think she actually does have some sort of mental or personality disorder. She has been doing this for years, and they have a kid together, so they have to keep in some form of contact. There have been times when the courts have taken her word alone, and there have also been times when they have found him not guilty--but she never gets any repercussions for false accusations. Since I care for my friend, I also understand your desire to get even. But, having known people like the girl that hurt your friend, I promise you that they ALWAYS find a way to get the benefit of the situation if you try to exact revenge. It isn't worth it.

Your friend should have worn 3 raincoats, pulled out, and warmed his testicles regularly atleast 2 weeks before. Poor guy, now he is stuck with her.

Remember fellow male SDNers, always enjoy a crazy girl responsibility - never get a crazy girl pregnant.

talking about myself? haha...to be completely honest... a part of me do wish that this happened to me instead of my friend. He doesn't handle this kind of stress as well as I do...and seeing him suffer has taken a toll on me as well.

seeing my friend going through this however, i did make a conscious decision to stay away from girls/relationships during college. that's not really relevant to the issue at hand, but i thoguht i'd mention it.

but let me say it again: i am not talking about myself. can't really prove it to you other than giving my word.

Have you told your parents you're gay yet?

Lmao **** that bitch. Send in the letter seriously what do you have to lose.

Guess what? Life isn't fair, and god or karma doesn't exist. Take this matter into your own hands and send the letter in. Focus on the fact that she wrongly accused your friend. Get as many friends as you can to sign it. And after you send the letter in, post the story on 4chan. I really dislike people like the girl who you mentioned. Probably a massive gunner, amiright?

And I'm surprised by the number of people who have said the avoid girls in college.

Don't avoid girls or people in college. Learn to be good at judging the quality of their character and be prepared to under any circumstance to be able to screw them over quickly.

Don't avoid girls or people in college. Learn to be good at judging the quality of their character and be prepared to under any circumstance to be able to screw them over quickly.

Yep. Sounds harsh, but it's totally true. Always watch your own back

Members don't see this ad :)

so what evidence did she have? just her testimony? or were there witnesses involved?

i'm on the student conduct committee at my uni and i find it hard to believe that he would be sanctioned just by pure lies and no evidence at all. did he deal w/ the dean? or a conduct committee? or even if he loses the case at the committee level, can't he petition w/ a higher authority like the Vice Chancellor or Chancellor/President? read up on the student conduct procedures for your schl and see how the petition process goes. if u're so convinced that he was falsely accused, u should do ur best to find the evidence (or lack thereof) and present it convincingly to whoever he can go to at this point. u might want to get him a lawyer to help with that.

in any case, at my schl student conduct cases are only reported internally. so unless ppl (grad schls, potential bosses, whoever) specifically request to see if they have a record at our schl it wouldn't be known to anyone (of course this doesn't include if police matters were involved, and it would also be hard to explain if he was suspended for a while or expelled).

if she really did make up all those lies, i don't think u should just let it go. however, like everyone else says, without strong evidence you have nothing. so don't make matters worse by going to the med schl, b/c she just might make u and ur friend's lives worse.

Wait until she's taking her licensing exam and contact them instead.

I would really like to hear the girl's side of the story...

I wouldn't advise avoiding girls as a whole in college, but just make sure if you jump into a relationship it's meaningful and you're not dating one of "those" girls.

Had something similar happen to a friend back in college, with the girl claiming sexual harassment. The fricking regent of the school was a friend of his and was on his side, but he still went down in flames for the whole mess. So, yeah, I can easily believe something like what the OP stated could happen. On the plus side, the guy got on with his life, married a sane woman who's now a reasonably successful author and is doing quite well for himself, including being involved with the school in a professional capacity, so things can and do work out in the end. No clue where the psycho ended up, however.

Hi,

I am new to this forum.. Thanks for sharing this valuable reply.. Through this we can get more innovative things..

I am now posting this quote as my seal of approval in every awesome thread. :D

Med schools are very busy and with limited resources, unless you have hard evidence of a legit crime (read: felony) being committed your letter will prob be filed in the garbage.

Also, if the girl is as manipulative and evil as you make her sound, I'm sure she would make some diabolical plot to completely decimate you once she caught wind of your letter.
fvj_newline1.jpg

Finally someone tell it like it is. The Med school committee is not going to give a rat's ass. Anyone could shoot an e-mail about someone saying they are a terrible person. Her LORs from professionals say otherwise, but sure, let's take this anonymous email into account as well.

I don't think it really matters what everyone says in this thread. The right thing to do is to let things go and move on, both for you and your friend. But chances are, you're gonna do what you have to, no matter what anyone tells you. So no point arguing about it.

Hope you see some logic.

Basically, a girl who hurt my closest friend is starting medical school this august. she has made my friend's life in college a living nightmare - spreading malicious rumors, accusing him of htings that aren't true, etc. unfortunately, the administrators believed the girl and gave my friend many disciplinary sanctions for things he didn't do. long story short, my friend's life lies in ruin now, and it sickens me to see this c*** going to med school after all she has done.

the good news? i know which med school she's going to, and i am this close to sending that med school an anonymous email exposing what this animal did to my friend. my friend was a good student until she messed up his life - he even tried to commit suicide. as his friend, i feel that this is the least i can do. and btw, i am not a pre med student so i don't care what any of you say regarding jealous or any of that crap. my friend is a frequent visitor to this site, and that's where i found out about sdn. i just want to help me friend out and make him feel better. what do you guys think? if the medical school receives an email i send them, will they investigate and ask that girl what went on? should i send an electronic email, or a paper mail?

On the one hand, I do not think it is your call to make whether or not your friends ex is suited for the practice of medicine. There are very high academic and professional standards to meet, and medical schools undertake a mounting effort to make sure that they do not admit a student that is either incapable of achieving success in medical school or someone who would otherwise make a bad physician. Clearly your friends ex has met a certain bench made assuaging these universal concerns of the admissions committee, and her professional capacity affirmed by her letter writers' blessings.

However, I too saw similar things unfold. Perhaps not to the same magnitude as your situation, but basically, I watched a woman make my friend miserable with their relationship - it also just so happens that this woman was a great manipulator, and a VERY good actress - so while natively, she has what I consider to be poor convictions, lacking any semblance of moral fortitude, and horrendous social skills - she managed to establish some façade in her professional interactions with her professors, and probably at her interviews as well. Accepted to 17 medical schools, matriculated to a top 5. In her 3rd year now, and she cannot "wait to get into a surgical residency" so she can "crack em open like coconuts". Jesus, physician-sensitivity much? I think not.

In any-case, I diverge. While myself (and many others) felt that it would be a nightmare to work alongside her as a physician someday, she was very focused on her studies, and that in the end is what secured here admission at 17 schools. So despite the popular opinion held of this student, a select few with whom she was not genuine (ie, letter writers and interviewers), perceive her to be a spitting image of the qualities a physician should possess. Once this "objective" opinion is held, it takes a lot to convince people otherwise.

So, while I think it would be a shame for this person, after all their hard work, to be told "sorry, we changed our mind" - would be a shame, I too have seen people succeed not necessarily on genuine merit, but instead, deception, lies, abuse, and manipulation.

If you must oust this woman, the only way you would be able to do so, is if you had hard evidence of her doing something that would be considered "unsavory," and not becoming of a physician. A picture of her doing thumbs up in front of a Swastika emblem, a screenshot of her Facebook status "I really hope you have cancer, you deserve it", or a link of a video of her fist-fighting a homeless person. These examples, extreme as they may be, are really the only kinds of things that will show an admissions committee that they need to seriously reconsider their decision.

Regarding your friends suicide attempt: that is a sad thing to have happened, but an admissions committee would not be concerned with the emotional capacity of another individual when assessing the applicant.

I hope you make the right decision about your situation. If this student would make an objectively good doctor, it would be a disservice to society to take that opportunity away from them.

I would suggest addressing the problem at hand, which is your friend's well being (screwing over this girl probably won't improve your friend's situation, it might just make things worse). Instead of focusing on the girl, try to help your friend. If there's a way to get those accusations revoked I'd try to do that first and foremost. Who knows, in the process, your school might reveal this girl to be a fraud and in that case you could probably have something sent to the medical school. I hope everything works out.

There's definitely an issue, and it needs to be addressed. However, you want to address it productively and try to make something good come from your actions.

Last edited:
^Is that you in your profile picture? lol

dynamite switcharoo with the tampons slayed me. good work

^Is that you in your profile picture? lol
Lol, I think you're the fourth or fifth user to ask me this. :D

Sorry to disappoint, but that's not me in the pic...it's my current girlfriend.

Okay I was kidding about the girlfriend part. If you're curious, her name is Asin Thottumkal, she's from several bollywood films. :)

Last edited:
Find a way to email her entire medical school class and tell the whole story!

Just kidding. Gotta let it go. Revenge ain't all it's cracked up to be....

hey op.

so i just spend quite a bit of time reading over this thread and seeing everyone's suggestions and whatnot. i am just a college student and i dont know much about what happened, but i'll share with you some of my thoughts and views. hopefully some of them will be helpful to u.

1) i definitely understand ur pain and respect your loyalty and care for your friend. i dont know the whole story, so i can't really judge this girl. But if what you've said is true (and i have no reason to believe otherwise), then i definitely agree that what she did was wrong, if not criminal, and that someone like that aren't really fit to be a doctor. and from reading the responses, it seems that many SDNers agree with this view.

2) i know you probably dont want to hear this, but i doubt that writing to her medical school will have the impact/result you want to see. simply, med schools are way too busy as is, so the likelihood of them to seriously consider/investigate a random/anonymous email without hard evidence is slim to none. also, if you were to write the letter or message, you need to be mindful that if the girl finds out, she can sue you for defamation/libel if she believes you've lied/misrepresented facts in the letter. now such a scenario is very unlikely of course, since a lawsuit of this nature will require her to spent significant amount of energy, something she probably doesnt have since she's starting MS1 soon. but you do need to realize that this is a possibility, no matter how remote.

3) once again, i understand how you feel and your desire to send an anonymous message. but i think in the grand scheme of things, doing so will hurt you and your friend more than it will hurt her. but if you absolutely must do it (and i respect that decision), be sure that you send the letter from an anonymous email account using a computer away from your home/school dorm. so that if the girl ever wants to sue you, she'll have no way to track the ip address back to anything related to you.

good luck and do what's right.

Lol all the back and forth advice in this thread reminds me of

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vjXvJ5Q4g[/YOUTUBE]

NSFW.... but it's an eminem song so you should already know that

Status
Not open for further replies.