I feel you

Started by shamthis
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

S

shamthis

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alphabeta, I apologize in advance for a thread that does not pertain to you. (AKA it is "useless")

This is just a curiosity. People often post phrases like "I feel you", "Do you feel me?", etc.... Is this a typical modern English colloqualism or an SDN catch phrase. I couldn't imagine a hot girl telling me about some bogus MCaT endavor and responding, "I totally feel you". Im a New Englander; perhaps this is common in other parts of the US.
 
its pretty common...i might have used that phrase on occasion but it definitely is a colloquialism.

also i found out what..."lay down" means...its like calling out someone for a fight.

amazing.
 
shamthis,

do they not say this in the north? cuz down here in ATL i don't think i get through a conversation with out saying some form of "I feel ya"... "do ya feel me?" ... It is definately a colloqualism and not only a SDN thing...

crazyiness....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah... i just never heard "i feel you"... I remember the first time I read it and I figured it was an abbreviated "i feel your pain" but then I read it again and again and figured it was a made up SDN phrase, like BUMP and woots. We say silly things like "wicked" and "10-4 good buddy breaker breaker 1-9" and "nevermind the bullocks" in these strange parts but not "I feel you". Not that there's anything wrong with it...

Hey John Stoner- any updates? You get in yet?

I propose a new catchphrase, "CAMP"- like "SAVE IT FOR THE CAMPFIRE". So when someone says something inapplicable or useless, we say "CAMP"

hahaha im a freaking psycho 😉
 
shamthis,

what are you talking about!?!?!?! i live in new england too, and i've heard "i feel you" a lot!!! i've used it myself a few times😀
but you are right about the whole "wicked" phrase. i personally find it very annoying🙄
emw
 
really? I've been in Manhattan for the past 6 months and I still cant say I've heard it at work, in public, on the subway, or on TV.

"Whatevs" -- shambad the sailor
 
Well, I don't think this is very common in the midwest (correct me if I'm wrong guys)...I think it's more of "I hear you" here. This has also been played upon by annoying Verizon Wireless's slogan "can you hear me now?" which is all over.