I finally sent out my amcas.. what do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicalJustice

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=10770

So there's my mdapp. I havent seen much feedback with the mdapp thread so i figured id post here.

Basically, if you look at my stats, youll see my gpa and ec's are very good but my mcat is eh.. 31R with an 8 in verbal. Im afraid to apply to med schools (especially out of state) whose averga mcat is 33ish bc of my verbal. Even though my gpa is good im still a bit worried. Do you think i'll be ok and land some interviews at some mid tier privates in ny, ma and pa. take a look at my list to tell me what you think. Do you think(based on what i have written) that i should get in somewhere? Thanks!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You should be able to get in somewhere though, as you note, the 8 in VR hurts quite a bit. I'd say you have a reasonable chance at most schools except: Columbia, Weill, Sinai, NYU, Einstein, PSU, Temple, UMDNJ (both campuses) and Maryland.

You might get some interviews from the above, but it's going to be tough.

Otherwise, you should do quite well with the rest of the schools and land at least one acceptance. The VR score may not hurt as much, since the rest of your app is solid. Good luck!