Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I got a B in a med school class

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by W222, Mar 22, 2004.

1. W222

W222 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

I recently took a class with the entire first year class and I got a B in that class. The class is one of the MS1 committees that all students have to take. I took the same test and did the same work. I scored above the mean on the test (mean = 72.2). SHOULD I SEND THIS GRADE TO A MED SCHOOL I AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM AND DO YOU THINK IT WILL HELP. I scored better than the mean BUT being a grad school class a B is sometimes considered just avg. Should I let school know about this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Luthertaketwo

Luthertaketwo Membership Revoked
    Removed

A B?!?!?! You better hope they don't find out about that!

4. W222

W222 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Well, thanks for the advice moron. I was asking seriously. Someone at one school basically said that if I dont get an A in this class then I should not bother telling anyone. What should I actually do? I think a B is decent for taking a tough committee.

5. indianboy

indianboy Call me, Baby.
    7+ Year Member

Now it's our secret shame as well. Thanks a lot.

Hope that Helps.

P 'Bearing the Burden' ShankOut

6. W222

W222 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

F you. What is everyone's problem on here? Is anyone not looking out for themselves?

7. skypilot

skypilot 2K Member
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    :laugh: LMAO

8. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

does it go on your trascript?? how are your other grades for this semester on your transcript?

maybe other posters are tyring to make the point that a B is just fine.

9. skypilot

skypilot 2K Member
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Seriously though, a B is nothing to write the med schools about.

They might be interested if you've been volunteering in the ER though and you have made up your mind that their school is the one that you would like to attend.

;)

10. finnpipette

finnpipette Fallen from Grace
    7+ Year Member

Yea...I wouldn't write to them about a B. Maybe if you had gotten an A. I dunno which med school you took the class at, but in many med schools, the curve tends to be below that of grad student classes, upper div classes, etc. because the classes are P/F. In addition, at med school, you'll be taking multiple classes at the same time...so, I'd let it ride.

11. omarsaleh66

omarsaleh66 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    send it man

it shows u can hang in medical school; it cant hurt, i think it would only help. Cuz getting a B in med school is alot harder than getting an A in undergrad

later

Omar

12. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i wouldnt send it. its just one class and its a B. seems kinda desperate to me. i dont say this to be mean or anything but...just my honest opinion.

however...since it is a class you are taking for a grade it seems...you are prolly required to send it anyway right? so in that sense...i guess you have to and so then you can spin a positive direction on it.

13. LAZYGUY

LAZYGUY Playing the match game
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I completly agree with Omar, send it along. Frankly I would be taking advice from a person who already is enrolled in medical school, like omar, and knows the difficulty of the curriculum to get a grade like that. Pre-meds usually have an ultracompetitive ego so you are not going to get any useful advice in this forum, post in allopathic forum. Congrats man, if I were you I would definitely send it, it says alot. I'm sure others will disagree, but they are not in the position of taking med-school classes.