I got a B in a med school class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

W222

2K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently took a class with the entire first year class and I got a B in that class. The class is one of the MS1 committees that all students have to take. I took the same test and did the same work. I scored above the mean on the test (mean = 72.2). SHOULD I SEND THIS GRADE TO A MED SCHOOL I AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM AND DO YOU THINK IT WILL HELP. I scored better than the mean BUT being a grad school class a B is sometimes considered just avg. Should I let school know about this?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by W222
I recently took a class with the entire first year class and I got a B in that class. The class is one of the MS1 committees that all students have to take. I took the same test and did the same work. I scored above the mean on the test (mean = 72.2). SHOULD I SEND THIS GRADE TO A MED SCHOOL I AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM AND DO YOU THINK IT WILL HELP. I scored better than the mean BUT being a grad school class a B is sometimes considered just avg. Should I let school know about this?

A B?!?!?! You better hope they don't find out about that!

Well, thanks for the advice *****. I was asking seriously. Someone at one school basically said that if I dont get an A in this class then I should not bother telling anyone. What should I actually do? I think a B is decent for taking a tough committee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone at one school basically said that if I dont get an A in this class then I should not bother telling anyone.

Now it's our secret shame as well. Thanks a lot.

Hope that Helps.

P 'Bearing the Burden' ShankOut

F you. What is everyone's problem on here? Is anyone not looking out for themselves?

does it go on your trascript?? how are your other grades for this semester on your transcript?

maybe other posters are tyring to make the point that a B is just fine.

Seriously though, a B is nothing to write the med schools about.

They might be interested if you've been volunteering in the ER though and you have made up your mind that their school is the one that you would like to attend.

;)

Yea...I wouldn't write to them about a B. Maybe if you had gotten an A. I dunno which med school you took the class at, but in many med schools, the curve tends to be below that of grad student classes, upper div classes, etc. because the classes are P/F. In addition, at med school, you'll be taking multiple classes at the same time...so, I'd let it ride.

send it man

it shows u can hang in medical school; it cant hurt, i think it would only help. Cuz getting a B in med school is alot harder than getting an A in undergrad

later

Omar

i wouldnt send it. its just one class and its a B. seems kinda desperate to me. i dont say this to be mean or anything but...just my honest opinion.

however...since it is a class you are taking for a grade it seems...you are prolly required to send it anyway right? so in that sense...i guess you have to and so then you can spin a positive direction on it.

I completly agree with Omar, send it along. Frankly I would be taking advice from a person who already is enrolled in medical school, like omar, and knows the difficulty of the curriculum to get a grade like that. Pre-meds usually have an ultracompetitive ego so you are not going to get any useful advice in this forum, post in allopathic forum. Congrats man, if I were you I would definitely send it, it says alot. I'm sure others will disagree, but they are not in the position of taking med-school classes.