I got a B....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SSCammy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attend a CC and have recieved an 86 in government. Have my chances taken a serious hit? I want to attend an in-state medical school, and transfer to the school I wish to attend medical school at after I have 60 hours at the CC. I know I should be taking all courses at a 4 year university but I can't swing that debt, 60 hrs free at CC FTW!

Members don't see this ad.

It sure is free. That B just saved you about $250k in medical school debt!

Tuition and fees at my school of choice is 150k. I'm not a brat that must go to an out of state school; and pay out of state tuition. Thanks for the information.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
B=F. You're finished. No successful med school applicants have ever applied with B's from a CC.

Just kidding, you'll be fine.

I attend a CC and have recieved an 86 in government. Have my chances taken a serious hit? I want to attend an in-state medical school, and transfer to the school I wish to attend medical school at after I have 60 hours at the CC. I know I should be taking all courses at a 4 year university but I can't swing that debt, 60 hrs free at CC FTW!

B stands for blemish. Your record is permanently tainted. And a B from a CC is way worse than a B from a public/private university. Like, 10x worse. (Is there a sarcasm icon?)

Obligatory "enjoy the Caribbean" post.

This is the point in the thread where the OP must realize that everyone is being utterly sarcastic and just simply try harder in his/her studies...

Sounds like your brain is measuredly less than awesome.

An 86?!?!!?!!! You should not even try to apply to med school.

Unless you're a di-hybrid URM and your dad did beer bongs with the dean's sister in college.

Sad truth.

I seriously hope you're an URM, otherwise...
3ogrdl.jpg

In all seriousness, cmon. Your chances aren't even touched. Hell i think the whole "Must get 3.8+ in CC" is rather bull**** anyways.

frankly i wouldn't want someone so inept taking care of my parents, and no one else would either.