I got a letter from USC ...

Started by ZpackSux
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
which has nothing to do with admission (since I'm an alumni) but rather a solicitation for a donation from the new dean.. he states in the letter the 2006 entering class had an average GPA of 3.5 and 97% had Bachelors degree.

Hope that helps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People are crazy smart this year, The avg. on our last biochem test was a 93%

hahah..crazy huh?
 
People are crazy smart this year, The avg. on our last biochem test was a 93%

hahah..crazy huh?

To be fair, the average on the first biochem test was 76%... I think they tried to even things out by making the 2nd exam a little easier 😛
 
You heard it here first, grade inflation at USC. 😉

Wimmer, our biochem lady shows no mercy. She didn't flinch once when she gave many a pharmacy student Ds/Fs. Davis, the woman doing Pharmacology is even more nutso. She actually assigns 200+ pages of Katzung's Clinical Pharmacology responsible for 10-15% of the test that aren't even mentioned in lecture. Nothing like spending 5 hours a day, 6 days straight studying for an exam to get a bloody 75%. Class average in that one was actually a 75%. 2/82 in my class got As. A whole lotta casualties in that one.
 
To be fair, the average on the first biochem test was 76%... I think they tried to even things out by making the 2nd exam a little easier 😛

Is Cadenas still teaching Biochem? If so..y'all should all get 95%+
 
He sure is. And he wears the same suit everyday...

Holy cow..really? Our class was the first class he taught... he was new.. this was in 1991. I don't recall him wearing suit... jeans and t-shirt I recall. He must have saved up enough to buy some suit.. way to go Enrique!👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad