I GOT IN!!!! Go Hawkeyes!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One interview, one acceptance!!!

I got into Iowa today and I just want to say thanks to everyone who dealt with my insanity!!!

Iowa, baby!

Members don't see this ad.

gdbaby said:

I got into Iowa today and I just want to say thanks to everyone who dealt with my insanity!!!

Iowa, baby!

first flop, and now gd. i have no friends left. gd- you are the ****. congrats. get drunk stat. hoooolleeeeeer.
-mota

CONGRATS GDBABY! :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
gdbaby said:

Iowa, baby!

Congrats
3_7_9v.gif

JK

Great job.

DaMota said:
first flop, and now gd. i have no friends left. gd- you are the ****. congrats. get drunk stat. hoooolleeeeeer.
-mota
Can't wait to see your drunken post in a matter of weeks!

gdbaby said:
Can't wait to see your drunken post in a matter of weeks!

you must promise to keep all our neurotic threads up and running. its weird how elated i am for you right now. thats so f*cking awesome. you deserve it. i would use exclamation marks and smiley things but i dont do that, as you've probably gathered by now. what a friday night, huh? i'm going to see depeche mode right now, but i expect stories tomorrow. later gdbaby.
-mota

:clap: Congrats gd! :clap:

Congratulations!!! Yay!!! WooHooo! Go get beer! :D

Congrats! That is so exciting!

Damota--you still have me, and after the two rejections I got yesterday, I doubht I'll be getting any acceptances soon.

gdbaby said:

Iowa, baby!

HELL YEA! You ARE the bomb! Yea, so I don't have that gangsta talk down just right yet, but I'm learning....that is SO WONDERFUL! I am so happy for you...mota's right (sniff, sniff :( ) all the super cool people are GETTING ACCEPTANCES! Which, of course, rocks! But, it is of course sad to be left all alone. Well, hopefully some day I will join the ranks! I knew you were going to be a doctor, now GO GET'EM! And, Iowa is much closer to Illinois than Colorado (duh, yea, I know) so, if you ever want to visit Chicago and need a place to crash, my door is always open!

YEAAAA FOR GDBABY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

that's all it takes! congrats on the acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey gdbaby, congrats! :thumbup: Btw, when did you interview? I interviewed at Iowa on 10/07, haven't heard a peep out of them yet!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now go celebrate with your hubby and make him forget forever that you lost his dis. *wink*

Congrats GDbaby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now get off this site and party!!!

TIME TO GET CRUNK!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

yay!!! gdbaby im soooo happy for you!! you totally deserve it!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH AHHH!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, study hard.

Congrats!!!!

god dammit that's great news gdbaby!!! :laugh:

I'm so happy for you!! Whoooo hooo!! :)

Now you and Flop need to send me some of those good vibes! :smuggrin:

congrats, gd!!! I'm VERY happy for you!

and daMota - I haven't been accepted yet. And still only one interview. I'm here with ya.

Congrats.

there can be only one!

fiddler

w00t w00t! Way to go, gdbaby! So this is what it feels like when doves cry? Wait, that's not right. And I'm not just like my mother.

And mota, you still have me. And I think you'll have me for a looooong time.(Even though I hate doing it, I feel compelled to say 'no homo'.)

WOW! Congrats buddy!

your neurotic drunken musings were awesome...you deserve it!!

AWESOME!

Congrats to gdbaby!!! :clap: :hardy:

This is, IMHO, one of the great things about SDN. I don't know you from Adam (or Eve, as the case may be), I don't know if I've ever responded to one of your posts, but I've read them and been rooting for you (and lots of other people, too). I'm sitting here, happy tonight, because someone I've never met has fulfilled a dream. Maybe I'm sappy or just plain crazy, but I think that's pretty cool. :thumbup:

See my sig: THEY CANNOT KEEP A HUSTLER OUT OF THE BUILDING! Way to go gdbaby, you were like the Allen Iverson of the "no acceptances" threads, carrying them on your back. CONGRATULATIONS!

HOW ABOUT ANOTHER ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR GDBABY???
:clap:
that, above, is the first emoticon i've ever used on SDN, and its just for you. goddamit baby. you're still the ****.

as for my fellow SDNers annamarie, desiredusername, timmy, shyrem and all the rest i'm gonna be taking a short sabbatical from SDN to deal with school and recoup some energy for this entire process. i'll be back soon for the new revolution and another wave of acceptances coming our way. take care all.
-mota

omg gdbaby! congratulations, that is so awesome! i hope u will stick around sdn and keep us non-accepted happy =p

jtank said:
omg gdbaby! congratulations, that is so awesome! i hope u will stick around sdn and keep us non-accepted happy =p
I couldn't leave my peeps. But I do need to figure out what's going on in my Adv. O Chem class!

I have to echo Dark Side and DaMota's comments. I really enjoy the "Breakfast CLub"-ness of this sight. We don't know each other from anyone else, but we sit and comiserate with each other and become genuinely happy for someone else's successes.

I knew people would wish my congrats, but I could never have imagined such wonderful sentiments. Thanks everybody! As always, best of luck to everyone through this process. :luck:

QofQuimica said:
Hey, WTG, gdbaby! :clap:

What she said..........

As someone said (maybe you or someone else from the no interviews thread).....

"Who knew self pity could be sooo fruitful??" j/k :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, CONGRATS

dang it. i had one interview too. stupid TX schools and their insane "wait until 2/1 to find out if you're in"...damota, i'm here with ya man. except you've got way more interviews.

DaMota said:
-mota

You are going to get into one of those 3 schools that you interviewed at!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
:luck: :luck:

Now if only some of all of your guys' luck can rub off on Rayhan!!!!!!!

fiddler said:
Congrats.

there can be only one!

fiddler

ahahahahhahahahhahahaha, that's wonderful

Congrats Gd :clap: :clap:

I order you to get sauced immediately (if not already). :D

I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! :hardy: :clap: :clap: :hardy:
And you are at a great school you like!
You rock gdbaby! My only regret is that I certainly won't be in your class. I think it'd be a riot ;)
I second timmythewonderd's comment. If you ever need a place to crash in chicagoland area, let me know.
And mota.... I don't have any acceptances yet. No more interviews scheduled either. I'll be happy to still hang with you-- Here's hoping it'll be short for both of us. :luck:

Whoop...go gd.

WTG gdbabby! It's official you're going to be an MD!!!!!!! :clap: We might even be at the same school.....that's so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

congrats gd, "lucky star" :)

madonna said:
congrats gd, "lucky star" :)
HA! you remembered. I also think I will play "Holiday" (perhaps the Wedding Singer version for kicks!) and "Ray of Light"--if I am feeling a little Kabahlah tonight!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!! OMG!! OMG!!! BREATH!! BREATH!! It is SUCH an amazing feeling (especially for those of us that had a very real chance of no acceptances).

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS... now, uhm, can you trade that in for a Loyola acceptance so you can come to school with me?

I am so happy for you, it is a great feeling, and soon Dr. Barbara, PhD you will be Dr. Barbara MD, PhD. WOO HOO!!!

WOOOOOW. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. WOW.
18 hours away from sdn and i miss all the big news? first flop, now gdbaby. next will be mota or shyrem or rayhan or similar.
gdbaby, congratulations~~. but now all our "no acceptances?? too few interviews?" type of threads will be so lonely!

u are the sdn star of the week.

oh, bubbleyum, I have a while to wait IF I get in. VCU won't say anything until 12/15 at the earliest. I'm here with ya for a while. :)

bubbleyum said:
first flop, now gdbaby. next will be mota or shyrem or rayhan or similar.

Sounds like what they tell you when you rent a car. :laugh:

god damnit baby youre going to be a doctor!!!

bubbleyum said:
WOOOOOW. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. WOW.
18 hours away from sdn and i miss all the big news? first flop, now gdbaby. next will be mota or shyrem or rayhan or similar.
gdbaby, congratulations~~. but now all our "no acceptances?? too few interviews?" type of threads will be so lonely!

u are the sdn star of the week.
I think until I geta call from my state school, I will still have neurotic threads to post on. Ooo, that leads me to an idea???