I GOT IN!!!! Go Hawkeyes!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats

Members don't see this ad.

gintien said:
god damnit baby youre going to be a doctor!!!

Hahahhaa :laugh: :laugh: nice

If only your restaurant employer could see you now...

BaylorGuy said:
Hahahhaa :laugh: :laugh: nice

If only your restaurant employer could see you now...
The only thing my former restauarnt employer would say to me is "I can still beat you at kareoke. He was an opera singer and I started school as a jazz vocal performance major, so we would have sing-offs all the time. He would sing some beoautiful aria and then force me to sing something completely out of range like "Unchained Melody" is one I remember fondly. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
gdbaby said:
The only thing my former restauarnt employer would say to me is "I can still beat you at kareoke. He was an opera singer and I started school as a jazz vocal performance major, so we would have sing-offs all the time. He would sing some beoautiful aria and then force me to sing something completely out of range like "Unchained Melody" is one I remember fondly. :laugh:

This definitely brings me back to the days of breakdance-offs, which can only be topped by freestyle rap-offs.

For those with extra time on your hands, I suggest watching "Style Wars"...It definitely takes you back.

gdbaby said:
One interview, one acceptance!!!

I got into Iowa today and I just want to say thanks to everyone who dealt with my insanity!!!

Iowa, baby!

Yayyyyyyyyy gdbaby! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm so happy for you! Let's hope that it's just the first of many! :D

Way to go gdbaby! I knew you could do it- hopefully I'll see you in the fall!

the brown note said:
Yayyyyyyyyy gdbaby! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm so happy for you! Let's hope that it's just the first of many! :D
I looked a lot like you avatar on Saturday morning!

gdbaby said:
I looked a lot like you avatar on Saturday morning!

:laugh: Hey--you deserved it! :D I should change my avatar to something more compromising and then quote you.... :p

the brown note said:
:laugh: Hey--you deserved it! :D I should change my avatar to something more compromising and then quote you.... :p
Considering I don't remember much of my first two years of undergrad, the quote will probably (albeit unfortunately) appropriate. ;) Ironically, those two years were at Iowa. They didn't seem to hold it against me. How did I get in again???? :)

gdbaby after getting mail:

mail.gif

ti89 said:
gdbaby after getting mail:

mail.gif
HA! As long as that smilie is running away to get some Champagne, then it is defintiely correct. Well, that and my husband got the envelope first so he could hand it to me when I came home.

gdbaby said:
Considering I don't remember much of my first two years of undergrad, the quote will probably (albeit unfortunately) appropriate. ;) Ironically, those two years were at Iowa. They didn't seem to hold it against me. How did I get in again???? :)

Well, I think Loyola must still be mad at me for not going there, since they won't give me an interview! I want to join jbrice, flop, trishaaa and the rest of the Loyola gang, too! :oops:

Saw your MDApps--I interviewed at SIU! Everyone there was so friendly and kind. I was really impressed! Did you apply there, or have you had enough of downstate?

the brown note said:
Well, I think Loyola must still be mad at me for not going there, since they won't give me an interview! I want to join jbrice, flop, trishaaa and the rest of the Loyola gang, too! :oops:

Saw your MDApps--I interviewed at SIU! Everyone there was so friendly and kind. I was really impressed! Did you apply there, or have you had enough of downstate?
Well, since I am no longer an Illinois resident, I didn't think I stood a shot. according to last years MSAR, not one OOS ended up going. Plus, while I love Carbondale, I didn't want to up and move my family to Springfield two years later. That's a lot for them to do.

gdbaby said:
Well, since I am no longer an Illinois resident, I didn't think I stood a shot. according to last years MSAR, not one OOS ended up going. Plus, while I love Carbondale, I didn't want to up and move my family to Springfield two years later. That's a lot for them to do.

Duh--I forgot about your CO resident status. I guess I was hoping you'd wind up somewhere in Illinois! :) Yeah, SIU doesn't offer any interviews to OOS people (except for the MD/JD program), so it would have been a waste of $$. Sorry to hear about RFU (what's wrong with them?! :mad: ), but I hope your LOI works at Loyola! :luck: