I GOT INTERVIEWS!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saito

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I got interviews from D'youville (had to reject though, wayyyyyy too far), St, John fisher, and ACPHS (my main school!!)
Any ACPHS people have any tips?
I took a look on their pharmcas and it seems that they interview 250 people and then accept 250 people, does that mean if you get an interview you're basically in?
For those wondering about my stats I posed everything but my SSN in a previous thread lol
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ave-a-chance-at-least-i-took-my-pcat.1226932/

Members don't see this ad.

So far I got interviews from D'youville (had to reject though, wayyyyyy too far), St, John fisher, and ACPHS (my main school!!)
I took a look on their pharmcas and it seems that they interview 250 people and then accept 250 people, does that mean if you get an interview you're basically in?
For those wondering about my stats I posed everything but my SSN in a previous thread lol
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ave-a-chance-at-least-i-took-my-pcat.1226932/
Hello,
I am currently a 4th student (P2) at ACPHS. I saw your stats and you look like your in pretty good shape for acceptance into our school. I just want to point out that the 250 people they accept also includes the internal pre-pharmacy ACPHS students, but as I said before you look like you have a strong application as a transfer student. I would recommend putting your best foot forward during the interview. Be sure to highlight any pharmacy experience you have and why you want to go into this profession. Other than that, relax and be sure to be yourself during the interview. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user

PHARMACY ADMISSIONS IS WAY DOWN THIS MEANS SCHOOLS WILL TAKE ANYONE. the interview is just a construct to make it seem like they reject people

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools really will take anyone, I know because I've met my classmates.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,
I am currently a 4th student (P2) at ACPHS. I saw your stats and you look like your in pretty good shape for acceptance into our school. I just want to point out that the 250 people they accept also includes the internal pre-pharmacy ACPHS students, but as I said before you look like you have a strong application as a transfer student. I would recommend putting your best foot forward during the interview. Be sure to highlight any pharmacy experience you have and why you want to go into this profession. Other than that, relax and be sure to be yourself during the interview. Hope that helps!

Thanks a ton for your reply. ACPHS is easily my top school because of the fact that they offer financial aid. Not just that but the pharmacy advisor called me and said that I'm eligible for a merit scholarship, so it looks like my loans will be around ~100k for all 4 years, MUCH cheaper that other pharm schools in the region. Also, I've called a few times and the people that work in admissions are super nice, LIU was beyond rude and clearly didn't give a crap about transfers.

About the 250 admitted thing, PharmCAS has their stats as 250 interviewed, and 250 accepted. So I'm wondering if they accept everyone they interview?
Also any tips, especially on the interview? I'm kinda freaking out since this will be my first one, and I cringe whenever I have to talk about myself, written or otherwise.
Thanks

PHARMACY ADMISSIONS IS WAY DOWN THIS MEANS SCHOOLS WILL TAKE ANYONE. the interview is just a construct to make it seem like they reject people

I'm very sorry for your miserable childhood, but projecting it on here using isn't going to help. Just because you're a mediocre practitioner who can't find a job doesn't mean everyone else is. I'm very sorry you got culled from the herd, and now you're on your ass, but if you work harder instead of spending your life making and reply to threads on here maybe you'll be less miserable.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm very sorry for your miserable childhood, but projecting it on here using isn't going to help. Just because you're a mediocre practitioner who can't find a job doesn't mean everyone else is. I'm very sorry you got culled from the herd, and now you're on your ass, but if you work harder instead of spending your life making and reply to threads on here maybe you'll be less miserable.

I co-own an independent and literally throw out 50 pharmD/phamrBS applications for every one I look at. Pharmacy is a dying field. Technicians can verify other technicians with the same or even better accuracy than pharmacists verifying technicians. There is absolutely no need for pharmacists except the law demands there be one for a pharmacy to run.

I co-own an independent and literally throw out 50 pharmD/phamrBS applications for every one I look at. Pharmacy is a dying field. Technicians can verify other technicians with the same or even better accuracy than pharmacists verifying technicians. There is absolutely no need for pharmacists except the law demands there be one for a pharmacy to run.
I'm sure you do. Must be a really busy place if you have time to spend 12 hours a day talking to undergrads.
Tell me, are you just as insufferable in person as well?

I'm sure you do. Must be a really busy place if you have time to spend 12 hours a day talking to undergrads.
Tell me, are you just as insufferable in person as well?

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/albany-college-2885

Albany is one of the LOWEST ranked pharmacy schools in the nation located in the heart of the rust belt in a hyper saturated state surrounded by hyper saturated states + 2 day compounding examination fees are terrible. Hit me up when you are unemployed and posting on craigslist for money in 5 years.

Now go find your rattle.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/albany-college-2885

Albany is one of the LOWEST ranked pharmacy schools in the nation located in the heart of the rust belt in a hyper saturated state surrounded by hyper saturated states + 2 day compounding examination fees are terrible. Hit me up when you are unemployed and posting on craigslist for money in 5 years.

Now go find your rattle.

Did I hit a nerve?
I don't know what's sadder, your citing of usnews or the fact that you had to edit your little tantrum of a post.
Albany is one of the oldest pharm schools in the nation and one of the few to be surrounded by a med school, a hospital and they have 2 student run pharmacies so you don't even have to look elsewhere for internship experience. That's not taking into account how cheap they are.
See, your problem is that you feel for the saturation meme. It's like CS grads complaining about not finding work, when they didn't bother to do a single internship during undergrad.
Again, I'm sorry for your inability, but don't project it on us.

Did I hit a nerve?
I don't know what's sadder, your citing of usnews or the fact that you had to edit your little tantrum of a post.
Albany is one of the oldest pharm schools in the nation and one of the few to be surrounded by a med school, a hospital and they have 2 student run pharmacies so you don't even have to look elsewhere for internship experience. That's not taking into account how cheap they are.
See, your problem is that you feel for the saturation meme. It's like CS grads complaining about not finding work, when they didn't bother to do a single internship during undergrad.

Albany isn't cheap 30*4 = -120,000 Lecom is 27*3 -100,000 (1 year of working) +19,000.

working at a student run pharmacy is literally the worst experience you could possibly get. You want INDUSTRY experience not working at some non profit autistic pharmacy with other *****s.

your school is 119,000 more expensive then one 300 miles away.

Albany isn't cheap 30*4 = -120,000 Lecom is 27*3 -100,000 (1 year of working) +19,000.

working at a student run pharmacy is literally the worst experience you could possibly get. You want INDUSTRY experience not working at some non profit autistic pharmacy with other *****s.

your school is 119,000 more expensive then one 300 miles away.

Looks like you're illiterate as well. The mystery unravels and we find out why you can't make it.
If you scroll up you'll see that I'm getting financial aid and it looks like I'm in for a scholarship as well. I confirmed with them and it would put me at around 20k a year w/dorming. Cheaper than that joke of a school you mentioned. (Dress code? Really?) Also funny you mention autism and *****s in the same sentence as a DO school.
You think you can't get industry experience when you're surrounded by health institutions and are just an hour away from NYC where they love intern pharms?
You've proven yourself to know nothing about this industry and I honestly think you're lacking in basic skills like communication and literacy.
How about you stop defecating in my thread and let me talk with the very nice pharm student who is willing to give me advice?

Looks like you're illiterate as well. The mystery unravels and we find out why you can't make it.
If you scroll up you'll see that I'm getting financial aid and it looks like I'm in for a scholarship as well. I confirmed with them and it would put me at around 20k a year w/dorming. Cheaper than that joke of a school you mentioned. (Dress code? Really?) Also funny you mention autism and *****s in the same sentence as a DO school.
You think you can't get industry experience when you're surrounded by health institutions and are just an hour away from NYC where they love intern pharms?
You've proven yourself to know nothing about this industry and I honestly think you're lacking in basic skills like communication and literacy.
How about you stop defecating in my thread and let me talk with the very nice pharm student who is willing to give me advice?

you still can't do math? 20x4 is -80,000 which is still way more that LECOM's cost of +18,000 in the same time period.

If you think NYC want's interns that can't speak fluent Spanish youre in for a shock. High cost of living plus some of the lowest pay in the nation even working in manhattan you are looking at 110,000 in stead of our average of 135,000 in SF.

you still can't do math? 20x4 is -80,000 which is still way more that LECOM's cost of +18,000 in the same time period.

If you think NYC want's interns that can't speak fluent Spanish youre in for a shock. High cost of living plus some of the lowest pay in the nation even working in manhattan you are looking at 110,000 in stead of our average of 135,000 in SF.

1. You're assuming I'm not fluent in Spanish. I'm tri-lingual.
Again, projecting your lack of ability on others.
2. You seem very sheltered if you think moving, flying and other costs don't factor in. I live in NYC, Albany is a cheap train ride away or I can drive up in less than 2 hours.
Your crappy degree-mill of a DO school would require flying. You're also not factoring in living costs, while I am. So no, you're the one that can't do math.
You have a serious lack of awareness, you don't seem to be able to grasp in bigger picture here and most of all you seem like a seriously unpleasant person to be around.

I think we hit the nail on the head here regarding your employment and financial problems. Glad we had this talk, I now know I can ignore all your delusions on this forum from now on.

2. You seem very sheltered if you think moving, flying and other costs don't factor in. I live in NYC, Albany is a cheap train ride away or I can drive up in less than 2 hours.
Your crappy degree-mill of a DO school would require flying. You're also not factoring in living costs, while I am. So no, you're the one that can't do math.
You have a serious lack of awareness, you don't seem to be able to grasp in bigger picture here and most of all you seem like a seriously unpleasant person to be around.

I think we hit the nail on the head here regarding your employment and financial problems. Glad we had this talk, I now know I can ignore all your delusions on this forum from now on.

I didn't go to LECOM i went to school in queens (one that you prob couldn't get into). You make assumptions like a perra. Probably bridge and tunnel scum. Some how i'm not surprised you are going to be living at home with your parents in your 20's. Sounds just like a millennial.

continue to completely ignore my comment how pharmD's get paid absolute crap in NYC

Once again you demonstrate your profound lack of brain cells. When did I ever say you went to LECOM? That was the school you were using as a counter-argument so.
Also lets not talk about scum, because a person spending his life on an undergrad forum most likely isn't very high on the societal food chain. Median wage of pharmds in NYC is 115k, and that's from the BLS, not wherever you're getting your bs stats from.

I'm sure you're very "busy" with the bustling pharmacy that you co-own, but take your **** and peddle it elsewhere. Maybe try and read a book, it might help your literacy skills. Don't bother replying.

Did I hit a nerve?

Surrounded by a med school? Big deal... at my school I took the same classes and tests as the med students for a year and a half.

Yeah seriously this guy has a lot of time on his hands and judging by his page all he does is **** on the pharmacy career . Must be some loser behind a screen who didn't make it anywhere in life . If he had a life he wouldn't spend his time on SDN commenting random threads

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Surrounded by a med school? Big deal... at my school I took the same classes and tests as the med students for a year and a half.
It means easier access to and overall better rotations, not to mention internship and research opportunities

how competitive is this school? And do really want plp with a pcat score? thanks