I hate lab practicals :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had my last one last week...

which is great, but i missed more than i wished i had.

It sucks because literally every single one i missed, I thought of the right answer at the table and ruled it out for some reason or another.

Members don't see this ad.

Had my last one last week...

which is great, but i missed more than i wished i had.

It sucks because literally every single one i missed, I thought of the right answer at the table and ruled it out for some reason or another.

So basically you don't know your anatomy very well, but still feel you should have been awarded additional points? Instead, why not hit the books harder, spend more time in lab, and know those cadaver pieces cold for the next one? Then after that, you can focus on clerkship grades, which actually matter.

TL;DR Quit feeling sorry for yourself

Members don't see this ad :)
wow whats with all the hate? its not like I'm some idiot who just fails anatomy bc i don't try i went into lab multiple time and scored in the 80s... i just left that out bc i know a score in the 80s automatically means that you're not able to be unhappy with your grade on SDN. i definitely know my anatomy decently well at least, and then there are some ambiguous ones that most people seem to choose between two on... and i choose wrong

and if you don't like the thread, don't post on it... or at least say something funny, instead of being a dick for no reason and saying "blog about it" or "was there a point to this" or "sucks to be you"

726be8fa.gif

Sorry... lol

Last edited:
wow whats with all the hate? its not like I'm some idiot who just fails anatomy bc i don't try i went into lab multiple time and scored in the 80s... i just left that out bc i know a score in the 80s automatically means that you're not able to be unhappy with your grade on SDN. i definitely know my anatomy decently well at least, and then there are some ambiguous ones that most people seem to choose between two on... and i choose wrong

and if you don't like the thread, don't post on it... or at least say something funny, instead of being a dick for no reason and saying "blog about it" or "was there a point to this" or "sucks to be you"
You go girl!

what the hell i just figured most schools had similar issues since almost everyone here definitely says the same things.

i'm not saying i failed the thing and deserve to get more points. i'm just talking about the select few that are tagged so ridiculously that it is extremely hard to distinguish between two things without moving things around.. bc they tagged it that way.

What great contributions here.

So basically you don't know your anatomy very well, but still feel you should have been awarded additional points? Instead, why not hit the books harder, spend more time in lab, and know those cadaver pieces cold for the next one? Then after that, you can focus on clerkship grades, which actually matter.

TL;DR Quit feeling sorry for yourself

Did you post in the wrong thread?

We got practicals all out of the way the first two months of school so I haven't had to worry about them since. I was told that as soon as you leave the table and are debating between two answers then whatever you do DONT change what you put. Sounds like common sense but you would be surprised. There always are a few ambiguous taggings, it's just something you gotta deal with.

Sorry for making this topic. There really is no point in it, just kind of venting.

Maybe just a place for other people to share their negative experiences with practicals. There is no way my school is the only one where the students predominantly think the professors could do a much better job at tagging things...

What great contributions here.

Did you post in the wrong thread?

We got practicals all out of the way the first two months of school so I haven't had to worry about them since. I was told that as soon as you leave the table and are debating between two answers then whatever you do DONT change what you put. Sounds like common sense but you would be surprised. There always are a few ambiguous taggings, it's just something you gotta deal with.

lol thank you for surprisingly the first real post.

quit a few SDN vets posted in this topic with nothing at all to contribute. id think that after thousands of posts, they would learn that there are always going to be topics they think are "pointless" or "not worthy of an internet message board". Then again, making useless posts is probably why they have so many posts in the first place.

Anyways, yeah,for two of the ones i got wrong, i changed after leaving the table. but i also changed one to the right answer after leaving.. so its not all bad haha

Sorry for making this topic. There really is no point in it, just kind of venting.

quit a few SDN vets posted in this topic with nothing at all to contribute. id think that after thousands of posts, they would learn that there are always going to be topics they think are "pointless" or "not worthy of an internet message board". Then again, making useless posts is probably why they have so many posts in the first place.
The irony here is just too much.

I hate lab practicals, too.

Can we be friends?

God, I'm glad that part of this crap is over.