I hate strokes!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suckstobeme

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just venting here b/c "The Man" is making me do the NIH stroke scale online training right now.

I hate the Stoke Scale, I hate the NINDS trial, and I hate t-PA for strokes!

Members don't see this ad.

What's the beef? You should be doing and documenting the stroke scale as soon as the patients get in the door. It takes like 10 seconds.

I do have an issue with tpa. Everyone else except ER says "push it, push it, why aren't you pushing it!" I recently had a case where the Neuro fellow insisted on pushing it. I called him again 10 minutes later from the CT scanner for him to review the bleed he just created and watched his "oh f*** "face drop as he called neurosurg.

Joe Lex has a very good lecture on tpa in strokes. Unfortunately, with every single stroke patient it becomes an argument with neurology.

I do have an issue with tpa. Everyone else except ER says "push it, push it, why aren't you pushing it!" I recently had a case where the Neuro fellow insisted on pushing it. I called him again 10 minutes later from the CT scanner for him to review the bleed he just created and watched his "oh f*** "face drop as he called neurosurg.

Such is life when you play with the Elixir of Death. Big time teachable moment right there. :(

Members don't see this ad :)