I have a big problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Irha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: i m very confused that how i prepare for exams bcz i have the problem of pannic attack and thats why i can not prepare for my exams after 1 day it is held and it is of pharmacology. plz tell me the key for quick preparation.

Members don't see this ad.

:confused: i can not prepare for my exams after 1 day it is held and it is of pharmacology. plz tell me the key for quick preparation.

What do you mean after 1 day it is held and P'col?
Take propranolol or BB an hour before to calm you down! ofcourse talk to your doctor if you are having this issue everytime.

One of my prof s once told me to prepare my self well for the exam and to know the material and you be doing alright. .(Applies everywhere).

No one can ever know 100% and P'col is not an easy course

I have been following this advise ever since and am doing good.

Just follow regular calming down techniques. When ever you feel tensed take a deep breath exercise or get good night sleep before the exam day or don't study till the last second kind if stuff. Quiz your self or have study groups

I also don't know what you're saying - preparing for an exam 1 day after it is held??????

I think one issue is English is not your first language (mixing up before & after??) - am I right? If the language barrier is an issue, you'll need tutoring.

As for quick studying - you can't study pharmacology quickly. If you do, it will leave you as fast as it went into you.

You must study it slowly & completely. You'll have to study it the way it is being taught to you. But, most schools will teach it according to drug "groups" - the antiarrhythmics, the anti-emetics, the benzodiazepines, etc.... Learn the "prototype" drug - chlordiazepoxide or diazepam for example....learn the mechanism of action, the side effects, the kinetcs, the dynamics, the dosing & administration, the toxicities & overdose profiles...then - learn the rest of the group as variants off the prototype. For example, some benzodiazepines have no active metabolites - thus they are good for situations when you don't want the duration of action to last long or accumulate. However, when there is an active metabolite - that will work to advantage when using it for a long term condition - say dts. Shorter onset & no active metabolites work well as pre-meds - say for dentistry, MRI's, or other procedures.

So - get the idea???? Learn the drugs slowly & completely. You'll have less panic if you don't feel you have to pull out random facts. If you really take the time to learn the material, the facts will make sense & it will be more like knowing something which you take for granted right now - driving or packing a suitcase.....