I have dreams...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

po' boy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So when i was making my rank list last week, i really agonized over the options, and weighed every program in terms of curriculum, atmosphere, length, location, and proximity to friends and family. When i put down my #1 (Vanderbilt), i fellt pretty good about it, albeit a bit nervous about the location, having not lived there in 10 years (I grew up in nashville).

Although i'm fine with the decision now when i'm awake, at night i have dreams about my rank list, rolling each program over and over in my mind just like when i was awake. I know there's nothing i can do about it now and even if i could i don't know what i would do differently. But i'm disturbed by these dreams and i don't know what they mean, if anything. What should i do? Will time fix them, or just a stiff drink?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You're screwed. :D

Sorry, just couldn't resist. :p

Seriously, if you are agonizing so much about the choice, then it's obvious that you think you could be happy at any of your top programs. Have faith in yourself to make it work out wherever you end up. Perhaps this realization will help the subconscious agonizing that you're doing.

As far as the dreams are concerned, Match Day will fix that.

'zilla

i believe alcohol intoxication inhibits REM sleep. what's your drink? i'm buyin'.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ambien.

oh sweet dreamless sleep. :D

roja said:
Ambien.

oh sweet dreamless sleep. :D
Ambien is like the sleep of the dead... I swear you go from being wide awake to the next morning without passing go or collecting $200. ;)

Seriously though po' boy, I had similar dreams pre-match. I had put Philly numbers 1 and 3, but kept dreaming about living in New Orleans (Charity was 2). I knew I was going to get #1, so I was totally freaked that I had made the wrong decision. 2 years later I still love my program and would still have put it #1.

If your subconscious is screwing with you while your sleeping... you obviously need to party more and sleep less! :D