1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

I just got a whole bunch of shots

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Cymbidium, May 1, 2007.

1. Cymbidium

Cymbidium Awesome.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Anyone else get all of their requirements yet? today I got tetanus booster (ouch!), TB test, first round of Hep B and the meningitus vaccine and blood work b/c nobody can find my chicken pox record.

I can't lift my arms.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rals

rals Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that... hope the pain is resigning...

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I hear ya. For my residency I had a physical today (turn and cough), a TB skin test, and some blood drawn. The worst part is I have to have another TB skin test in a week (they require two before June 1).

5. lgwdnbdgr

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I tested negative for antibodies against measles and mumps, so I had to get another MMR shot. I was positive for rubella, so that suggests my mom didn't try to save a few bucks by having me injected with saline and telling my kindergarten that it was the MMR vaccine. :)

6. OceanBlue

OceanBlue HA! I knew it.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i need a new tetanus booster, but my school doesn't require it. I might get it. I got to do that TB skin test which I know will be positive, not because i have tb but because I had some vaccination shot back in my country and it reacts to the test. They're going to do the lung x-ray crap again. :(

7. Veneto

Veneto Member
    5+ Year Member

I hate the Tetnaus booster. It always makes my arm sore for at least a week, and feels like they are trying to squeeze peanut butter through that needle. The hottest nurse in the world doesnt make up for that torture.

8. Cymbidium

Cymbidium Awesome.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    That booster sucks. I had her do it in my right arm (b/c I'm left handed) in anticipation of feeling like I was punched in the arm for a week.