i just got accepted to pharmacy school but i am really worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacistforever

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just received my acceptance letter today from the pharmacy school i always wanted to get into. the problem is i went through a heavy emotional issue this semester and it is affecting my organic chemistry 1 grade. i will be taking organic 2 next semester anyway but i am worried about not getting a C in organic 1. I am honestly a lot better than this and i have a pretty solid gpa and good grades on all my science class. i am wondering if i could take organic 1 again in another school while taking organic 2 at my current school. those are the only two classes left so i think it is pretty doable. my deadline to finish those two courses is in may 2014. any good suggestions ?

Members don't see this ad.

Not gonna lie. While I do know a select few people who did better in orgo 2 than orgo 1, orgo 2 in general is way harder than orgo 1. Depending on the structure of your orgo 1 and orgo 2 courses, taking them concurrently is a pretty abysmal idea. You could always take orgo 1 in first 8 weeks of spring semester and orgo 2 in second 8 weeks at a local CC.

My deadline is may 2015. i would have to take both classes together. i know it would be hard but i also know that i can do it. ijust dont know how to retake orgo 1 in another school. do i need a permission or what exactly?

Members don't see this ad :)
My suggestion was to take Orgo 1 from January to mid March, then Orgo 2 from mid March to May. This method allows you to focus on one subject at a time and finish before May.

If you are adamant in your method, you should probably call your current school and ask them on their policy. regarding taking the next course in a sequence where you did not receive a passing grade in the previous course.

how do you take a class in a comunity college if you are already enrolled in a 4 years university ?

You apply, they accept you, and you register to take classes. Lots of people take classes at CC and University at same time.

do you need a permission from your original school to take orgo 1 in cc if i will be taking orgo 2 with my original school ? i know they will let me take organic 2 in my school because i already registered for it and hoesly no one is going to notice that i didn't pass orgo 1 specially if the professor is different.

Refer to my 2nd response. If you think no one's gonna notice, then that should answer your question

alright thanks alot man. sorry i am just in a sticky situation.

do you need a permission from your original school to take orgo 1 in cc if i will be taking orgo 2 with my original school ? i know they will let me take organic 2 in my school because i already registered for it and hoesly no one is going to notice that i didn't pass orgo 1 specially if the professor is different.

if u don't pass organic I at your university, then on the first day of organic II, your adviser or another staff will inform your professor that you did not meet the required grade (C) in Organic I. So, you CANNOT take Organic II if you failed Organic I with a D or F. Now, if you pass Organic I with a C, then I'm pretty sure that you can retake Organic I at a cc while you're taking Organic II at your university. The only problem with that is, Are you sure that you will do well in both classes?