I just got some really bad grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Empi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yikes!

I must have bombed my Physics final because I went from a high B to a B-.

Just wretched. I got a B+ in cell Phys and an A in everything else (no easy classes.)

This was a rough semester. My semester GPA was just shy of 3.5 and I'm bummed.

Members don't see this ad.

C'mon yo! Buck up!!!!!! Its just one semester. This is a journey and sometimes a grind (from what I hear it keeps grinding in med school too;)) . The only mistake is stopping!

P.S. Read that quote in your signature line...

Last edited:
OK, I was getting my whine on.

I was also doing some calculations and I think I have an 84 which is a B not a B-.

Anyway, I'm also remembering this is the semester I was dreading, all challenging classes, no easy A's.

There were three academic boogiemen that I feared; Ochem, Physics, and Calc. The only one left is Calc which I'm taking in the spring.

I knew going into this semester, that my gpa would likely take a hit. It will likely take another hit in the spring. After that, I have two semesters of Biology which I can usually get an A with some work.

I'm also doing some nice research involving neurobiology.

Oh, yes, so far, no C's.

Thanks for reminding me of my siggy line, it's so true.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, I was getting my whine on.

I was also doing some calculations and I think I have an 84 which is a B not a B-.

Anyway, I'm also remembering this is the semester I was dreading, all challenging classes, no easy A's.

There were three academic boogiemen that I feared; Ochem, Physics, and Calc. The only one left is Calc which I'm taking in the spring.

I knew going into this semester, that my gpa would likely take a hit. It will likely take another hit in the spring. After that, I have two semesters of Biology which I can usually get an A with some work.

I'm also doing some nice research involving neurobiology.

Oh, yes, so far, no C's.

Thanks for reminding me of my siggy line, it's so true.

Wait, so you haven't even gotten your grades back yet?

I'd say wait a while. I've had more than enough experience with what I thought were uber-hard classes (Organic Chemistry, Moleculuar Biology, Biochemistry) were the class averages were 35-45% and were I thought I would be lucky to get a C-, only to end up with an A- or A.

P.S. Live by your signature.

In the rest of the universe, a 3.5 is pretty darn good, but in pre-med land it's terrible. Kind of sad, actually.

Sounds like your other grades are excellent, so you're probably ok.

Like Doc Brown said, if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

Yikes!

I must have bombed my Physics final because I went from a high B to a B-.

Just wretched. I got a B+ in cell Phys and an A in everything else (no easy classes.)

This was a rough semester. My semester GPA was just shy of 3.5 and I'm bummed.

A 3.5 is minimal "damage control". You raise things next semester even if you have to cut back on your course load. The other thing that you do is figure out why your grades dropped. They didn't drop badly but they dropped so make sure that this doesn't become a habit. Otherwise be thankful that you didn't drop below 3.0 which is much harder to recover from.

Oh, that was for the semester. I have a 3.65 alltogether (112 credits.)