I just withdrew my acceptance from [this] school, c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will withdraw from BU this week

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew from UDM , Indiana, Roseman and Minn. Attending Pitt

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew from Western U. Will be attending ASDOH.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing from UofL this week, good luck!

Withdrew from UF today! Hardest decision of my life so far. #gogators

Withdrew from MWU-IL, UDM, LECOM, NYU and Roseman.
Will withdraw from another school come April 15 (Need to make sure that I super-secure my spot in my current top choice first).

Withdrew from MWU-IL, UDM, LECOM, NYU and Roseman.
Will withdraw from another school come April 15 (Need to make sure that I super-secure my spot in my current top choice first).
Why April 15? I've heard this date several times, what is going to happen on the 15th?

Why April 15? I've heard this date several times, what is going to happen on the 15th?

I believe that's the deadline most schools give to those who have multiple deposits to withdraw their extra deposits and decide on just one school.

Members don't see this ad :)
declined case western's offer. just couldn't make the numbers work.

Wait... I thought you had already decided where you were going. What's the choice? :)

Turning down Case was a sad day for me.

Wait... I thought you had already decided where you were going. What's the choice? :)

Turning down Case was a sad day for me.

case "won" on proximity to home. mulled over it longer than i should have

Should've asked them to 'price match'. Best Buy just did it for me yesterday;)

Reactions: 8 users
just withdrew from Tufts. really heartrending decision to make, but I hope it goes to someone who wants it more

Withdrew from UTHSC-Memphis. Was a tough decision because I really loved the school and the people there, but decided to go to Columbia. Was a tough decision, but after the generosity of my future in-laws and some luck, Columbia will be cheaper for both my fiancee and I(free housing and scholarships) and we get to have some classes together for the first two years. Kinda scared/excited about moving to Washington Heights. It should be interesting.

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew from UTHSC-Memphis. Was a tough decision because I really loved the school and the people there, but decided to go to Columbia. Was a tough decision, but after the generosity of my future in-laws and some luck, Columbia will be cheaper for both my fiancee and I(free housing and scholarships) and we get to have some classes together for the first two years. Kinda scared/excited about moving to Washington Heights. It should be interesting.
This is so awesome. Congratulations

Withdrew from University of Michigan last Friday. One of the hardest decisions I had to make. Great school.

wutttttttt. where are you going them??? UM is such a great dental school...one of the strongest programs in the nation

wutttttttt. where are you going them??? UM is such a great dental school...one of the strongest programs in the nation

I'm going to UCSF which is my instate school. Yeah, Michigan was really hard to turn down. Great scientific and clinical curriculum.

I'm going to UCSF which is my instate school. Yeah, Michigan was really hard to turn down. Great scientific and clinical curriculum.

instate makes sense... that's too bad though. Best of luck through dental school! Hope to see you at dental conferences in the future.

Yikes I would never want to live with my in-laws! Lol, but congrats on Columbia.
oh that wouldn't happen. haha. I wouldn't do that either. They just own a place in the city. haha. They had bought a place for their son when he was going to medschool and he graduated last year. They still have it and told us we could use it for the next 4 years. haha. But thanks man.

Should've asked them to 'price match'. Best Buy just did it for me yesterday;)

well, the natural question is: what did you get?

and this actually reminds me of a conversation i had about scholarships with a staff member from rutgers when i called to decline their offer in december. they had a silly policy on scholarships.

Withdrew my acceptance from Western (along with losing $1000).
This was definitely was a difficult decision, since I am a CA resident and would have been close to family and friends if I decided to go there.
But cost + strong clinical preparation ultimately drew me to Temple, which is where I'll be this Fall!

well, the natural question is: what did you get?

and this actually reminds me of a conversation i had about scholarships with a staff member from rutgers when i called to decline their offer in december. they had a silly policy on scholarships.

Rutgers offered you a scholarship?? I was told during the interview they don't give out any...

i called them to break the news. the conversation went almost exactly like this:

ferneezy: hi. i'm calling to decline your offer.
admissions guy: hello young man! may i ask why that is?
f: i have offers from several other schools, one of which is offering a scholarship that makes them much more affordable than rutgers OOS.
ag: i see. well i've been in this business (wtf?) a long time, and we do offer scholarships as well, but we like to know a candidate really wants to attend the school first.
f: huh?
ag: we wait until students have put down a deposit to decide who to grant aid to.
f: (thinking to myself that's the stupidest method of attracting candidates i've ever heard) ok...well bye!

Rutgers offered you a scholarship??

apparently i'll never know, but i'm ok with that.

Reactions: 2 users
i called them to break the news. the conversation went almost exactly like this:

ferneezy: hi. i'm calling to decline your offer.
admissions guy: hello young man! may i ask why that is?
f: i have offers from several other schools, one of which is offering a scholarship that makes them much more affordable than rutgers OOS.
ag: i see. well i've been in this business (wtf?) a long time, and we do offer scholarships as well, but we like to know a candidate really wants to attend the school first.
f: huh?
ag: we wait until students have put down a deposit to decide who to grant aid to.
f: (thinking to myself that's the stupidest method of attracting candidates i've ever heard) ok...well bye!

apparently i'll never know, but i'm ok with that.
Yea, Columbia does the same. It's kinda dumb if you ask me. Why not offer the scholarship at the beginning? I only found out because the first time I was about to drop them, they said the same thing.

any movement here... especially for those letting go of a Rutgers acceptance!?

Anyone withdrew from Kentucky, Minnesota, or USC lately?!

If there is anyone who knows they won't attend UConn, can you please withdraw and give the WLers a chance? It doesn't help that the school only has one deposit deadline and that's for $400, and for those of us who are 100% sure it's our top choice you would really help in moving things a bit.

Just got accepted to USC on April 22nd. I will be declining my Roseman University acceptance. Good luck to those who are waiting!

Loved Western but will be declining my offer. I hope an SDNer gets it!

I know that it's getting to the end of the cycle and there won't be any dropping.... But is anyone planning to withdraw their seats in UK, UMinn, or USC?

I heard there were still some double deposits at nyu. Any chance anyone here will be dropping their seat there?