I missed my Step2 CS exam!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

syrinx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
2 months ago, I decided to push back both my Step 2 CK and CS exams
into December as my residency interviews were being scheduled. I decided to reschedule CS to dec 18. So I checked the USMLE website just to review my scheduling permit and realized that it said Dec 4 (one week ago!). Turns out I resheduled CK thinking I was rescheduling CS.

I know....STUPID. I checked the website and they quote a $400 reschedule fee if you miss your CS exam. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE OUT THERE?? If so, did you need to pay the fine? I'm pretty sure I'm the only idiot that this has happened to but just wanted to check. I'm hoping they can waive the fine secondary to pity. Getting another test day at the nearest site will also be a logistical nightmare.

I'm hoping someone out there has advise for me before I call them and tell them my story.

I don't know how we as US med students allowed the USMLE to con us into taking this thousand dollar scam!!!!! :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry to hear to about that, it must be rough. Try not to get too stressed out about it, although I think it is probably good to start finding a new test date as soon as you can. My thought is that it is probably good just to be humble and honest about it with them. =(

hey,

This is funny & embarrassing.But I am sure this must have happend to many more people.

But there's no way you are going to get any money back from them. Better reschedule and get a fresh date.

All the best..

syrinx said:
I don't know how we as US med students allowed the USMLE to con us into taking this thousand dollar scam!!!!! :mad:

at least u save $200. FMGs have to pay $1200 for this BS exam.