I need HELP!... Advice for senior in high school

Opticalfuture

Opticqueen
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i posted this before but no one replied. But im in dual enrollment and i currently have 44 hrs almost there for my asssoicates, which is (5 classes left) the most i will ever take. Im too sure what to do or how to handle everything while trying to enjoy and do things in ny last year. I also feel very disconnected with friends most times. I want both diplomas but i dont know..i cam this far though for something. My schedule next term is bio for science majors 2, brit lit 2, algebra, sociology, philosophy. I really want to be a biomedical scientist

Any encouragement will help thx

Members don't see this ad.

Life can come at you fast. Choices have consequences. Grit, the ability to persevere in the face of disappointment is probably the most important quality a medical student can have. You have a lot of time ahead of you before med school. The adolescent brain continues to develop until about the age of 25. I believe this explains why some if my 22 yr old 1st yr med students begin to bloom after a rough start in med school. The brain can however be trained, so work hard. Try to find some balance in you life between doing well in school and friends. Balance is the key to good mental health and success. Good luck and best wishes

Reactions: 1 user
Hi i posted this before but no one replied. But im in dual enrollment and i currently have 44 hrs almost there for my asssoicates, which is (5 classes left) the most i will ever take. Im too sure what to do or how to handle everything while trying to enjoy and do things in ny last year. I also feel very disconnected with friends most times. I want both diplomas but i dont know..i cam this far though for something. My schedule next term is bio for science majors 2, brit lit 2, algebra, sociology, philosophy. I really want to be a biomedical scientist

Any encouragement will help thx
When you apply to med schools, no one will care if you got an Associate's Degree. So decompress your courseload during your last HS term, give yourself some time to have fun, and connect with people, perhaps through school organizations or volunteering in the community.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Life can come at you fast. Choices have consequences. Grit, the ability to persevere in the face of disappointment is probably the most important quality a medical student can have. You have a lot of time ahead of you before med school. The adolescent brain continues to develop until about the age of 25. I believe this explains why some if my 22 yr old 1st yr med students begin to bloom after a rough start in med school. The brain can however be trained, so work hard. Try to find some balance in you life between doing well in school and friends. Balance is the key to good mental health and success. Good luck and best wishes

Thank you, but i aspire to be a biomedicine scientist

When you apply to med schools, no one will care if you got an Associate's Degree. So decompress your courseload during your last HS term, give yourself some time to have fun, and connect with people, perhaps through school organizations or volunteering in the community.

Thanks, but i cam so far to not come this far lol

That can be a physician or a PhD

Oh well i meant the Phd route because its paid for and my mental isnt worth the pain for medical school. Medical school i believe is for people who is mentally and emotinslly strong(also who dont mind the grueling yrs to resdiency).

Thanks, but i cam so far to not come this far lol
i aspire to be a biomedicine scientist
Oh well i meant the Phd route because its paid for and my mental isnt worth the pain for medical school. Medical school i believe is for people who is mentally and emotinslly strong(also who dont mind the grueling yrs to resdiency).
This Pre-Medical-MD forum is for those with aspirations to attend medical school, whether MD-only or MD/PhD.

Reactions: 4 users
In high school I did dual credit with 19 hours a semester at times in a 4 year university. Some semesters I took 12 hours. You have to find that balance where you can still have a life and enjoy yourself.

In high school I did dual credit with 19 hours a semester at times in a 4 year university. Some semesters I took 12 hours. You have to find that balance where you can still have a life and enjoy yourself.

alright thanks for your advice

If I were you I'd not worry about the associates and worry about having a good time with friends in HS. If when you go to UG you finish 2 years early (I'm assuming based on that you'll have ~2 years of credits) most people are going to recommend you take 1-2 years before applying due to maturity concerns med schools would have and not wanting to be a reapp. I understand your concerns, but I think it's best to slow it down and enjoy life a little more right now.

If I were you I'd not worry about the associates and worry about having a good time with friends in HS. If when you go to UG you finish 2 years early (I'm assuming based on that you'll have ~2 years of credits) most people are going to recommend you take 1-2 years before applying due to maturity concerns med schools would have and not wanting to be a reapp. I understand your concerns, but I think it's best to slow it down and enjoy life a little more right now.

I know but im almost at the end and my parents is counting on it since they are paying for classes. Im not going to apply to med school but wanna get my Phd

I know but im almost at the end and my parents is counting on it since they are paying for classes. Im not going to apply to med school but wanna get my Phd

Well, it sounds like you know exactly what you want to do, and no matter what anyone says, they can't change your mind. It's your life so when it comes down to it, you're the only one responsible for how your life turns out. Also, Catalystik is right about this being a forum for MD or MD/PhD.
Good luck with your studies! Stick to it and follow your heart, always.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, it sounds like you know exactly what you want to do, and no matter what anyone says, they can't change your mind. It's your life so when it comes down to it, you're the only one responsible for how your life turns out. Also, Catalystik is right about this being a forum for MD or MD/PhD.
Good luck with your studies! Stick to it and follow your heart, always.

thanks for your advice