Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
too bad I'm in a contract. CA license and all.
Can I buy out the contract? I'll take you yesterday. But you know the deal. It's a hybrid clinical/staff role.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
too bad I'm in a contract. CA license and all.
Hey...I wanted to do retail but no one gave me a chance. I'm not bitter about it at all since I never did retail and didn't deserve a job anyways.
It's not my fault no one gives anyone a chance.
So nobody gave you a chance, now you're gonna turn around and not give someone a chance? lol interesting...viscous cycle
Hire me.....🙂
I have alot more hospital experience than retail.
Although started retail few months back......
Also my future plan is to take the board exam or clinical.
By the way where are you located....😛
Interested??
lol.......🙂
Depends where you are?
I have 2 interviews scheduled next week.
you need to have some standards regarding screen name originality Z
I am on the other side of USA......MI lol
Zpaksux was a great screen name. Except it went generic and it didn't suck as much...
So I had to change.
But I do think abc1234567 is very creative.
I know exactly what you mean ......I can relate to it .....It seems that you wrote my story.The 2011 grad isn't necessarily a bad hire.
Sometimes circumstance gets in the way. My wife moved with me to philly fresh after graduation. Because she has no connections or experience, people just trash her resume when they get it. Mostly because ******s like Z think they have them all figured out from the get go. They think an art is a science. She is actually brighter and a harder worker than me. Graduated with honors and all that good crap. Nobody will hire her, residencies look at that year off and don't even invite for an interview...instead they go with some dip**** from usp or jefferson. Talk about depressing. I honestly don't measure up to her intellectually, but due to circumstances, I'm the breadwinner. And a kid that got a full ride to princeton...made it to the nationals in academic triathlon in high school...she can't even get a call back...
...effin sucks.
No I am not .........that totally destroys my chances 😱 right????Are you licensed in CA?
Show some love to one or two of the retail pharmacists. The best kind of employee is one who has suffered and knows how bad things can be. You will get some one who will be enternally greatful and who will appreciates thier job and the opportunity.
Better than some I am Gods gift to pharmacy two year resident who hasn't suffered yet.
Yes ofcourse, till i get my CA license but I never thought of moving to CA before this moment lol.Well, you can't work in CA as a registered pharmacist. But you already know that.
I've used gmail for my personal email...and worked well every time I found a new job.
Just make sure you don't have "hotfoxy69@hotmail.." type of email addy.
The last time I talked to SDN1977 was when her daughter was getting married. I know where to find her.
or comic sans on the resume...i've seen that once, we made copies and passed it around (so professional, i know).
i miss her posts, i think it's been like 4-5 years. sheesh married? i thought she just finished medical school, great now *i* feel old, how is this possible talking to you?![]()
Not quite. If you read this thread carefully, you should've read that I hired a retail pharmacist.
I have given many chances. So the viscous cycle you speak of is completely false.
Despite not getting the chance, I still give it.
Not because I believe people deserve a chance rather I believe the most competent should be given the chance, not just because everyone deserves it for the sake of deserving it.
Like it or not, I have 30+ resumes for 1 spot. You can talk all you want about giving someone a chance.... but all you ever done was work CVS then you're just not going to get a call...LOL.
Im not looking for pgy1 or 2. Im looking for the right pharmacist. Like I said before 1 position just got filled with a retail pharmacist with 3 years experience. Im not looking for degrees or certificates. Im looking for the one with the right attitude.
Then go find a hospital that'll allow volunteers in the pharmacy. I've always had volunteers.
Good Lord... it's now my fault that students can't get hospital experience.
Hey...I wanted to do retail but no one gave me a chance. I'm not bitter about it at all since I never did retail and didn't deserve a job anyways. I'm certainly not going to cry foul.
speaking of generic. you know who i miss? SDN1977.
hmm...eh, i guess as long as the applicant has an @gmail.com address. someone applied to my friend's workplace with an @hotmail.com and everyone kind of laughed a bit. we totally judge your domain name.
I knew it!!! All that pent up anger from being turned down for a retail position years ago! Now it is time for Z to extract his revenge!
I've used gmail for my personal email...and worked well every time I found a new job.
Just make sure you don't have "hotfoxy69@hotmail.." type of email addy.
The last time I talked to SDN1977 was when her daughter was getting married. I know where to find her.
Don't think I'd work with someone with your attitude! You seem very balshy!!
Dammit Z! I told you to keep my personnel e-mail address private. You damn Kommiefonia hippies can't be trusted!!!!
As a new grad, you know nothing. Everyone thinks they are ready to be clinical right out of school, but they have a lot to learn.
Doing is residency is what gives you hospital experience right out of school and is "giving a chance" for new grads to get start in hospital.
I'm trying to get hospital experience, but I need the DOP to call in sick more. 😳 My per diem job is purely staffing. Walgreens has been more clinical than the hospital. I can't even change standard QD = 9am levothyroxine to am ac. DOP here has autosubs on several things but we can't switch timing of doses. I've seen 9am singulair, simvastatin and synthroid.
You're so mean...
On a serious note....Working in a hospital is not for everyone. It is extremely difficult and requires about 1000 times more knowledge and skill than working retail. I worked in a very big and very busy hospital as an intern during pharmacy school. I have been a retail pharmacist for 8 years. I would love to get on at a hospital now. I know enough about hospital pharmacy to know that I would not be very much help to them for a long time. The chances of making a mistake and killing someone because you do not now what you are doing is very likly in a hospital. Hell in retail CVS got busted for hiring a pharmacist who faked thier license. This person worked for months in the pharmaqcy with zero problems. There is no way I would apply or expect to get a clinical pharmacist position unless I had the experience to back it up.
You want to hire me to be your order entry grunt, do every crap job staff pharmacist then I am your man. I will get in bust my buttt and learn everything I can and someday have your job.
I didn't know ish coming out of school. Residency has forced me to learn in a short amount of time. I used to think that the people who said one year of resi was equal to three years of work were full of crap, but I can see how that could be true. I still have a lot to learn, but love my position and wouldn't trade learning more for the world.
On a serious note....Working in a hospital is not for everyone. It is extremely difficult and requires about 1000 times more knowledge and skill than working retail.
On a serious note....Working in a hospital is not for everyone. It is extremely difficult and requires about 1000 times more knowledge and skill than working retail. I worked in a very big and very busy hospital as an intern during pharmacy school. I have been a retail pharmacist for 8 years. I would love to get on at a hospital now. I know enough about hospital pharmacy to know that I would not be very much help to them for a long time. The chances of making a mistake and killing someone because you do not now what you are doing is very likly in a hospital. Hell in retail CVS got busted for hiring a pharmacist who faked thier license. This person worked for months in the pharmaqcy with zero problems. There is no way I would apply or expect to get a clinical pharmacist position unless I had the experience to back it up.
You want to hire me to be your order entry grunt, do every crap job staff pharmacist then I am your man. I will get in bust my buttt and learn everything I can and someday have your job.
Not really.
Being a *good* retail pharmacist is a bitch. I don't think you quite appreciate how hard it is to go from the world of dosing antibiotics and sitting in the basement to learning the ins and outs of insurance billing, how to do a complete counseling session, how to deal with the public as a professional, and relearning all of the little things you need to know manning the shift at CVS. What drugs you can take while breastfeeding wasn't even on my radar as a hospital druggist...yet I get calls about that every night it seems.
I actually got acclimated to being a 50:50 clinical:staff pharmacist straight out of pharmacy school faster than I became proficient at being a retail pharmacist...which honestly, I still don't think has happened yet. Billing medicare baffles me.
Cool story brah .... may I subscribe to your newsletter?
Sigh..I used to get blasted for saying that kinda stuff.....
But now you see it don't you.
There are whiny losers who think I should hand out chances.....then there are kids like you, karm12 and njac who went out and earned your chances. I would take you guys in a hearbeat..Heck...I knew you when you were a pre-pharm.
You may not have known but I left a meeting at ashp to go read your poster. You had no idea who I was.![]()
Creeper. I think it was probably my third year poster...I was so nervous, I had never done anything like that. You should come by next year and let me show you how poster presentation is done.
So....you were doing ashp posters as a p3. And others wonder why some are more competitive than others..
Did you come by this year?? 😱
Not really.
Being a *good* retail pharmacist is a bitch. I don't think you quite appreciate how hard it is to go from the world of dosing antibiotics and sitting in the basement to learning the ins and outs of insurance billing, how to do a complete counseling session, how to deal with the public as a professional, and relearning all of the little things you need to know manning the shift at CVS. What drugs you can take while breastfeeding wasn't even on my radar as a hospital druggist...yet I get calls about that every night it seems. .
Being a schmuck is easier to CONCEAL at retail...I'll grant you that...but who wants to be that useless idgit?.
I actually got acclimated to being a 50:50 clinical:staff pharmacist straight out of pharmacy school faster than I became proficient at being a retail pharmacist...which honestly, I still don't think has happened yet. Billing medicare baffles me.
No I am not .........that totally destroys my chances 😱 right????
Can't imagine how hard it is to find the right pharmacist. The majority can learn the clinical hybrid job easily, but so few can gel with the rest of the staff. A person can look stellar on a resume, interview great and pass their 90 days. Then they let their true personality come out and they're a disaster for workplace morale for the next decade.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.