I need some input

Green1080

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I made an account to ask this as I really want some advice and input. I'm deciding between going to UConn or going to Boston College. What I want to do ultimately is to go to medical school. In college I want to probably major is Psych or Bio, I'm not sure yet but that's a different question all together. What I want some input on is this: should I go to UConn or Boston College if I want to go to medical school. Before I say anything else, both financial packages are very similar, I got a lot of money from BC. So when taking this into account, money or financial situation is not a concern. So here's the thing. I LOVE BOSTON COLLEGE but for medical school I should maintain a very high GPA and I am sort of concerned that it might just be easier to do that at UConn since it is less rigorous. I am a really hardworking student and I get really high grades, but I am kind of surprised a little that I got into Boston College. No matter where I go I think that I will do well, but would I just be better off going to UConn and getting higher grades, or should I go to BC where I have MANY more benefits? Or am I just underestimating myself and could I do well in BC? I did get 4 years of housing at BC, something that they give to the top 15% of admits, but that might just be due to chance or me being AHANA. Ultimately, what seems like the better option, which one prepares me the best and where I will I have a better chance in building up and succeeding in making my application to med school.

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like you underestimated yourself when applying to Boston and then later on got in. Why are you underestimating yourself again when you already proved your smart enough for that school by getting accepted? Just go for BC is what I think. Don't underestimate your abilities.

So, more selective undergraduate institutions are somewhat favorable on a med school app. A 3.2 BC won't be as good as a 3.8 UConn, but a 3.8 BC is better than a 3.8 UConn. BC seems to think you'll succeed, and it looks bad on the college if their students can't keep up! Obviously, it's a risk but if you really want to go to one school over the other you'll probably regret not picking that the rest of your life. Start small--few STEM courses, low extracurricular load, until you adjust to college. If you're dedicated, you can make it work!

EDIT: In no way am I suggesting you need a 3.8 in college to get into med school. You don't need a 3.8

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input. I think you're both right. @AttemptingScholar Thanks for the advice, that's probably what I'll do. I should probably stop underestimating myself haha

Reactions: 1 users