I need suggestions please!

Started by mach136
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mach136

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some help please!
I am a graduating senior and I want to pursue a career in pharmacy, but I'm in a pickle... I made the poor decision of dropping out of high school in the past and stay out of school for two years. I then came back last year, and now I'm pretty much finishing up high school in a matter of two years. Although I am graduating with minimum credits, I have a 3.9 GPA and got 1900 on SAT(not good 😡). I applied for gatech, mercer, and ga state hoping I can go to mercer. However, I've heard some pretty bad things about mercer and now im reconsidering. One of my friends told me that I should just go to GA southern and do prepharm there and my parents just want me to go to a community college and transfer out to UGA later. I really want to pursue a career in pharmacy, but I don't know what to do! I know it was my mistakes that landed my in this spot in the first place but if someone can give me some insight on what I should do, please do so.

Thank you!

Daniel
 
I need some help please!
I am a graduating senior and I want to pursue a career in pharmacy, but I'm in a pickle... I made the poor decision of dropping out of high school in the past and stay out of school for two years. I then came back last year, and now I'm pretty much finishing up high school in a matter of two years. Although I am graduating with minimum credits, I have a 3.9 GPA and got 1900 on SAT(not good 😡). I applied for gatech, mercer, and ga state hoping I can go to mercer. However, I've heard some pretty bad things about mercer and now im reconsidering. One of my friends told me that I should just go to GA southern and do prepharm there and my parents just want me to go to a community college and transfer out to UGA later. I really want to pursue a career in pharmacy, but I don't know what to do! I know it was my mistakes that landed my in this spot in the first place but if someone can give me some insight on what I should do, please do so.

Thank you!

Daniel

You're not screwed at all. Pharmacy schools don't look at your high school numbers. Two years at CC is a great idea. Make sure you do very well there. Then transfer, get a science degree (whatever kind you want), and apply to pharmacy school after that. Make sure you finish your pre-reqs by your junior year so they can consider them when you apply. Study hard, work hard, earn the As, and you'll be fine.