I need your help guys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Behnam Nazem

BN
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im gonna take the NDBE part I in october ...Im gonna start studyin...but Im so confused which books I have to use,,,I know there are reference texts but they are too much for having only 3 months,,,there are also BRS, Rapid review and so on....I ve heard doing FirstAid and flash card for getting a good scor is enough, is it right? I need a scor more than 80...can someone who is expert or was competent in the exam help me in these questions?

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I could. Personally, I was scheduled to take Part I July 22 but just this morning bumped it back to December 22 because I felt there was too much info and I spent too little time studying (12 days). It was a REALLY stupid move to put it off so long...lol... but it's good to be in Dec.

Anyway, I bought the decks and the First Aid book and if you just need to review, I hear the first aid book is good except for the dental anatomy section. I guess there are a lot of errors in it. First Aid doesn't go into a ton of detail. It is more outline form.

What I have heard is use First Aid for the sciences and an actual dental anatomy text for that section.

Use the decks and very importantly, the old released exams. Don't know how well I will do, but that's just a summary of what I have gotten from reading others posts in here.

I wish I could. Personally, I was scheduled to take Part I July 22 but just this morning bumped it back to December 22 because I felt there was too much info and I spent too little time studying (12 days). It was a REALLY stupid move to put it off so long...lol... but it's good to be in Dec.

Anyway, I bought the decks and the First Aid book and if you just need to review, I hear the first aid book is good except for the dental anatomy section. I guess there are a lot of errors in it. First Aid doesn't go into a ton of detail. It is more outline form.

What I have heard is use First Aid for the sciences and an actual dental anatomy text for that section.

Use the decks and very importantly, the old released exams. Don't know how well I will do, but that's just a summary of what I have gotten from reading others posts in here.

thanks for your advice . but do u know if for the science section we use the BRS books that are written for USMLE they are also good for NBDE ? and also USMLE question are helpful for NBDE? if u dont know can u ask someone as you are living in US?

hi ,

I am planning to start preparing for NBDE , pls tell me the books i need to buy and foremost the preparation method . Any help would be really appreciated .

Regards,
truth seeker.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys...have read the prev msgs...i`m also preparing for nbde...in fact have just started wit physio...dental decks...but the portion for "Blood" chapter is too little...am having doubts...are the decks and kaplan just enough for nbde?....am really confused as whether to study just the decks and materials for nbde or the texts books too....:confused:...any type of kind help is really appreciated...

hey guys...have read the prev msgs...i`m also preparing for nbde...in fact have just started wit physio...dental decks...but the portion for "Blood" chapter is too little...am having doubts...are the decks and kaplan just enough for nbde?....am really confused as whether to study just the decks and materials for nbde or the texts books too....:confused:...any type of kind help is really appreciated...

what do you mean by Kaplan? Im also preparing for the exam....Im gonna read the physio from BRS....

I also found the same thing.Infact i feel in our first year we have stressed too much on blood ch..and kaplan has only the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways and nothin more than that..
Dont know what to focus on?
?