Drpharmacistt10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i live in Dubai and am an art high school student which means it's impossible to study med or to become a doctor in Dubai
so i though about this can i become a pharmacist
then take the mcat
will med school accept me without a pre-med courses / degree ?

becoming pharmacist is my only option
and premed courses are hard to find in Dubai especially for an art high school student

Members don't see this ad.

i live in Dubai and am an art high school student which means it's impossible to study med or to become a doctor in Dubai
so i though about this can i become a pharmacist
then take the mcat
will med school accept me without a pre-med courses / degree ?

becoming pharmacist is my only option
and premed courses are hard to find in Dubai especially for an art high school student

Most if not all U.S. Medical schools will not accept students unless they've completed the prerequisites for medical schools. This usually includes the basic biology, calculus, and chemistry courses that all pre-meds take before applying. That being said, if you're interested in going through a non-traditional pathway and wish to become a pharmacist first, you would still have to complete all prerequisites and take the MCAT. I cannot speak for non-U.S. Medical schools as I am unaware of the requirements.

Most if not all U.S. Medical schools will not accept students unless they've completed the prerequisites for medical schools. This usually includes the basic biology, calculus, and chemistry courses that all pre-meds take before applying. That being said, if you're interested in going through a non-traditional pathway and wish to become a pharmacist first, you would still have to complete all prerequisites and take the MCAT. I cannot speak for non-U.S. Medical schools as I am unaware of the requirements.

In Dubai if we majored in pharmacy

We study :
-Anatomy and physiology l and
-foundation chemistry for pharmacy
- introduction to pharmacy
- pharm microbiology
- biological organic chemistry
- immunology
-Medicinal chemistry l and ll
- Pharmaceutics l, ll and lll
- pharmacology
- pathophysiology and therapeutics l, ll and lll
- pharmaceutical analysis
- toxicology
- medicinal complementary

So I plan then to take the mcat and go to med school is that enough or ?

Members don't see this ad :)
In Dubai if we majored in pharmacy

We study :
-Anatomy and physiology l and
-foundation chemistry for pharmacy
- introduction to pharmacy
- pharm microbiology
- biological organic chemistry
- immunology
-Medicinal chemistry l and ll
- Pharmaceutics l, ll and lll
- pharmacology
- pathophysiology and therapeutics l, ll and lll
- pharmaceutical analysis
- toxicology
- medicinal complementary

So I plan then to take the mcat and go to med school is that enough or ?

Most schools also require Writing in the Sciences, Biochemistry, 1 year of Calculus, 1 year of Physics and recommend Psychology. Seems like the classes you listed might have these as pre-reqs but just make sure that you can show you took all the pre-reqs. You can always take a gap year and then finish them up. I would suggest looking at MSAR for U.S. Medical schools and the AAMC website.

I would not recommend going into pharmacy, unless you have shadowed one for awhile and know for sure you want to be one. I am from the US, but I am pretty sure what high school you go to doesn't determine what career choices you can get into. That would be college.

For the US, the prereqs are two semesters of each of bio, general chemistry, physics, organic chemistry, plus labs, a year of math/calculus, a year of English/writing, and for some schools biochem. If you have those at a college level you can apply to US med school. If not you can't. Pharmacology courses won't count as prereqs.