I need your suggestions please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BENNY4567

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends, I am in a situation to decide about university, I have some options but finding it difficult to decide, so if you can guide me with ur experinces please:
1. I got acceptance from nyu and howard uni., thing is nyu gives good clinical exposure but it is 3yr program and expensive. Then howard is 2yr, cheaper but it seems, it will not have that good clinical practice.
2. I got i/v from colorado, if i will attend it and also let's say i make it too, then classes in colorado will start from january 2012, on the other hand in howard(comparing it with 2yr program only) clases begin this year from may. In this way, i can save 6months. Though some ppl say colorado will be better than howard and its good place too.
So friends pls guide me which uni. will be better to attend(nyu or howard) and should i attend i/v in colorado.
I am in big dillema.Hope i will get ur suggestions.
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi friends, I am in a situation to decide about university, I have some options but finding it difficult to decide, so if you can guide me with ur experinces please:
1. I got acceptance from nyu and howard uni., thing is nyu gives good clinical exposure but it is 3yr program and expensive. Then howard is 2yr, cheaper but it seems, it will not have that good clinical practice.
2. I got i/v from colorado, if i will attend it and also let's say i make it too, then classes in colorado will start from january 2012, on the other hand in howard(comparing it with 2yr program only) clases begin this year from may. In this way, i can save 6months. Though some ppl say colorado will be better than howard and its good place too.
So friends pls guide me which uni. will be better to attend(nyu or howard) and should i attend i/v in colorado.
thank you

Please plz plz go to howard...best for you... if i got this opportunity i would avail howard....save time and money both... which is a better place to learn, a class of >120 or class of 8.... from my personal point of view, if you want to learn here in states, its upto you, no univ/person would give you more experience even if they have crowd of patients... its only your urge to learn and excel that matters....

thank you toothfairyqueen.

Please plz plz go to howard...best for you... if i got this opportunity i would avail howard....save time and money both... which is a better place to learn, a class of >120 or class of 8.... from my personal point of view, if you want to learn here in states, its upto you, no univ/person would give you more experience even if they have crowd of patients... its only your urge to learn and excel that matters....

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you

A bird in hand is better than 2 in bush. out of the two take which suits your need well. Just from personal experience as I have attended NYU also that place can become like a zoo. They have 125 international students and also nearly 200 regular dental students, not to mention dental hygiene, certificate courses and other programs. Also NYU is one of the few schools in the country which requires their students to show that they are earning money for the school and a set $ amount to make before they can graduate. Decide wisely.

thank you

i wouldnt wait a minute to go to howard.......... nothing matters........you are already a doctor and and you can do it......u need not learn from others...and last but not the least you are here to earn money and saving is always equalent to earning...... so howard is the best.......

i would say consider the present scenario of recession and limited opportunities....dental clinics out there are earning HALF the money they used to make before few years....$3,00,000 debt in NYU...think you will have to repay that amount with interest (if you opt to take a loan)....few years back nobody had to worry about income but now time is tough....you will graduate 1 year early so you will start repaying your loan early and also you will have 1 year of time to earn for yourself and family....!!!

If I were you ( my god how happy i feel even to write this...lol) i would definately choose Howard...

Best of Luck!!!

3 years...too long.
go for the 2 year thing.

Howard sounds good!

Thank you friends.. I am really thankful to you all, for giving me your time and suggestions.

@ benny

congratulationss
your one of those LUCKY candidates who get to choose a school..

all the best for future..

thank u florarose, and good luck for colorado i/v:thumbup:

@ benny

congratulationss
your one of those LUCKY candidates who get to choose a school..

all the best for future..

Congrats Benny! I'm super happy for you... i thought I'd share some insight which I gained froma chance meeting with Howard's class president of 2010. He told me that there was a shortage of chairs in their program so it was difficult to complete your quotas on time. That being said, a 2yr vrs 3 yr program? I'm with everyone else on your thread... Attend Howard and save alot of cash! All the best to you... :thumbup:

hey congrats for the acceptance, i live in DC i know howard university well, its really good school and they have good clinical works students are doing pretty fine there.. so go on dont waste time

Thanks ocs1986 and untillsoon. So I found somebody from DC!

hey congrats for the acceptance, i live in DC i know howard university well, its really good school and they have good clinical works students are doing pretty fine there.. so go on dont waste time

hi can any international student can apply to howard program or it requires GCholders or citizens??does it have bench exam or just the i/v.

Thanx ash78, anybody can apply in howard, they have both i/v and bench test on same day. This time they asked us 2 crowns prep, all metal amd pfm, class2 on upper PM, and temporary crown prep on all metal molar.

congrats benny 4567....all d best..:thumbup:

Thanx ash78, anybody can apply in howard, they have both i/v and bench test on same day. This time they asked us 2 crowns prep, all metal amd pfm, class2 on upper PM, and temporary crown prep on all metal molar.
thanks benny 4567..can u plz share ur stats..