I neeed to push back my date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kgamon8

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a practice Kaplan FL and got a 500. I can't believe my test date is June 1st. Is pushing it back to the 29th a good idea? I took a decently chill course load w my hardest class being physics, but I work (don't want to quit because it's clinical). I study 6 hours a week, and with every Kaplan chapter, I read I get worried. My gen chem and physiology skills are so weak!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't push it back yet, you have a lot of time left. I also feel kaplan exams are NOT representative of the actual thing, nextstep was far superior. Don't push anything back until you take AAMC FL#1 closer to your exam date, I would recommend april/may.

To brush up on chem, watch khan academy videos

I wouldn't push it back yet, you have a lot of time left. I also feel kaplan exams are NOT representative of the actual thing, nextstep was far superior. Don't push anything back until you take AAMC FL#1 closer to your exam date, I would recommend april/may.

To brush up on chem, watch khan academy videos
So do you think I could still push it back later? I live in the midwest and worry that dates would fill up

I don't think a 500 with over two months of studying left is that bad. You likely have the content mostly down if that was your first practice score. Just keep doing full lengths and review them thoroughly and you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have time to get the score up for sure!

If you are scoring 510+ 2-3 weeks before the test I feel like you will be in (at least) decent shape.

That benchmark is, of course, dependent on your individual goals.

I took a practice Kaplan FL and got a 500. I can't believe my test date is June 1st. Is pushing it back to the 29th a good idea? I took a decently chill course load w my hardest class being physics, but I work (don't want to quit because it's clinical). I study 6 hours a week, and with every Kaplan chapter, I read I get worried. My gen chem and physiology skills are so weak!

What are you aiming for though?

I’m in the same boat here. Literally just finished my first FL, also Kaplan, and got a 498 (124/124/124/126). I suppose that was with huge content holes in physics and biochem (in those classes currently), and I’m a little more than halfway through the kaplan books, but I was aiming for a May 19 test date. Is there enough time to get my score up to my goal of 510? What should I change in terms of studying and how far out should I take my NextStep exam and the AAMCs? I haven’t signed up yet, but should I push my target date back?