I passed no passed my classes for the 2020 spring semester, was that a bad decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's really nice to hear that opinion. I just find it hard to believe that my school's (second most pre-med sending school in the nation) declaration process for the core pre-med major, bio, wouldn't at least be somewhat known to most medical schools, also it's insane to me how we can just drop classes at our leisure this semester, which I'm sure med schools might've heard about. Idk I'm still gonna be enrolled in Chem 3BL, so that might be a tell-tale sign I dropped it, what are your thoughts on this?
I agree that your school's policy is very liberal, but don't understand what you don't understand about medical schools not caring enough about what their applicants' majors are in the first place to take the time to educate themselves on the process for declaring majors at UT-Austin (or UF, in case you didn't know it was edged out for #2 in this year's list! :cool:).

Being enrolled in Chem 3BL is not a tell-tale sign of anything. You might not have taken the Chem 3B lecture because it conflicted with another class you wanted/needed, or, as is the case here, you want to take it later, in person. I promise, it's just not a problem. As long as you complete prereqs prior to enrollment, no med school in the country cares about your sequencing. And, of course, they can't care about a W that they cannot even see!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Finally: major doesn't matter nearly as much as you think. If you're lucky - if you're lucky - you might get a bit of a boost from adcoms for taking a hard major. However, 4.0 in Underwater Basketweaving > 3.5 in Astrophysics. Graduate with as good of a GPA as you can in whatever major you can perform best in. It's good, too, to have an eye towards Plan B if you don't get into medical school.

UT-Austin isn't as well known to adcoms as, say, Harvard. And even if it was Harvard, or Yale, or MIT...adcoms wouldn't know about the process for declaring majors and wouldn't care if they knew.

TL;DR Do well. Medschools don't care about stuff like this.