I placed two deposits... but I had to :/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pcsaints6

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! :)

I have officially declined my acceptance at Creighton University this morning due to the large COA, but with that I placed two deposits down at both UMKC and at the University of Minnesota. UMKC offered me a large scholarship making my total COA at 263k with max loans for everything. With that said, I have two negatives with UMKC, one being I have to maintain a 3.0 GPA which concerns me a bit with the difficulty of dental school. Second, I also I need to move to Kansas City a few months early this summer to complete one last prerequisite course. On the other hand, U of M will offer me instate tuition being a South Dakota resident at a cost of 328k with everything. However, if I do not receive reciprocity, I will be paying 490k with max loans for being OOS at U of M. To receive in-state tuition, I need to apply for reciprocity which I will not receive official results of until March when the reciprocity application opens. Minnesota is my dream school where I have family and friends. The biggest issue is that I am worried I won't be granted reciprocity because I have lived in Washington state the last two years due to family medical reasons. I have not changed my state of residence or anything to Washington state, but I am worried how this will affect my reciprocity status.

Any advice will be much appreciated thank you!!! :highfive:

Members don't see this ad.