I Quit Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ES300h

Reaction score
I don't think my heart was in it anymore. I kept seeing all the cons to pharmacy school and having a career in it. I felt in love with pharmacy when I worked at an independent pharmacy. I'm also happy that I did it my first semester rather than waiting longer. I lost interest and tomorrow I have an interview doing something totally different that I have never done before. I'm super excited to try something new! I used to stress about not knowing what to do with my life, but I'm not anymore at all. I have tried so many things, and I master them. For example, the first year that I ever taught was the first time that my state came out with a subject (that I taught) state-wide exam and two of my students scored perfect. Also, it was the first time ever that students from the school won at the county's math competition.

Ok, so the point of this is that my friends and family are pushing me into the direction of settle down and seal the deal. Pretty much to take the easy way out. Like what if I'm not meant to have a career? so my boss who is all the way to the very top fires me. He reports to two others. But he talks to me, talks to me, talks to me and talks to me more. I think that I have forgiven him for firing me. He tells me that I'm smart, beautiful and perfect. Takes me out to dinner and that's $200 every night and at every bar its a minimum of $80 on drinks the same evening. The car is 100k and the cocaine is straight out of the boat or airplane and goes directly to our noses.So we're out and about and he gets tons of attention like me. Yes, there is definitely negatives to a person in his power position. At this point in my life, I'm getting pushed to pick someone. I don't like anyone that much. It's not too late to have a career at my age right? Like am I getting old? I don't have to work, but is it worth it to keep trying to figure what I want to do? I think yes, but will I look back and say I wasted my time? Will I ever figure it out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The boss man fired you so he can date you. Smooth....

Reactions: 2 users
In 2018, I can honestly say only idiots pursue pharmacy knowing the declining state of the profession. If they have half a brain, they would pick a better career and not gamble at 60% chance of unemployment in 2022.

But as a woman, you can marry your way to be the richest woman in the world like MacKenzie. That's one of the top ways for woman to never have to work. :laugh:

Make sure you sell out before you hit 30s. Read up on SMV.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
this was very confusing to read

so you are pursuing a sugar baby life style and snorting coke with your former boss? lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
At least you are an entertaining fake. Piles of cocaine! Off the boat!

Reactions: 6 users
In 2018, I can honestly say only idiots pursue pharmacy knowing the declining state of the profession. If they have half a brain, they would pick a better career and not gamble at 60% chance of unemployment in 2022.

But as a woman, you can marry your way to be the richest woman in the world like MacKenzie. That's one of the top ways for woman to never have to work. :laugh:

Make sure you sell out before you hit 30s. Read up on SMV.

guys can do it too... although not as common

To her credit, they married before Amazon existed and she stuck with him when it had a real chance of failing.

Well, it doesn't seem like you have much of a choice, at this point. Your former boss obviously has mafia ties, so if you try to leave him, he will have you killed, or maybe set you up and have you thrown in prison for the rest of your life. At this point, all you can do is relax and enjoy the ride. I suppose you could turn informant for the FBI and enter the federal witness protection program, but they you would lose all the accolades you've won for having your school's math team go to the state championship. At any rate, your former boss will eventually get tired of you and either 1) let you go with a nice severance package or 2) marry you and have you birth his children, while he carries on with someone new.

When you marry money, you work for a living, I know this personally. I am also quite aware that unequal marriages of that nature are usually temporary.

Good luck, I hope you will be an exception.

The Opt-Out Generation Wants Back In

BTW, and this might end up getting Lee's attention, but you are aware that your IP is logged with the default settings of this board? Hope the very polite gentlemen have not put an Angular in your place.

When you marry money, you work for a living, I know this personally. I am also quite aware that unequal marriages of that nature are usually temporary.

Good luck, I hope you will be an exception.

The Opt-Out Generation Wants Back In

BTW, and this might end up getting Lee's attention, but you are aware that your IP is logged with the default settings of this board? Hope the very polite gentlemen have not put an Angular in your place.
that article was ridiculous. She went to 3days a week and was shocked that premium accounts and meetings were not tailored to her. She was making 500k (and I'm assuming the man more since she quit working) and they were arguing about laundry? really??? She was told to have a job before leaving him by the lawyer and then immediately didn't do that. And she mentioned getting the new place with all her own money which meant she isn't getting anything from the guy making >500k?!?

that all seems absurd

that article was ridiculous. She went to 3days a week and was shocked that premium accounts and meetings were not tailored to her. She was making 500k (and I'm assuming the man more since she quit working) and they were arguing about laundry? really??? She was told to have a job before leaving him by the lawyer and then immediately didn't do that. And she mentioned getting the new place with all her own money which meant she isn't getting anything from the guy making >500k?!?

that all seems absurd
It is, though I have some dark hope that someone did their job. She certainly seems the personality type targeted.

1434040101349.jpg

Takes me out to dinner and that's $200 every night and at every bar its a minimum of $80 on drinks the same evening. The car is 100k and the cocaine is straight out of the boat or airplane and goes directly to our noses. So we're out and about and he gets tons of attention like me. Yes, there is definitely negatives to a person in his power position.

Are you trying to indirectly say that you dropped out of pharmacy school to pursue your dream of becoming a Hollywood screenwriter?

Status
Not open for further replies.