I really need some advice PLEASE..need some inspiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jp1193

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a position that I have no idea what to do.

I just finished my fall semester of my Junior year at Boston University (Major: Human Physiology)
I want to go to dental school but my GPA is horrifically low (2.74 oGPA, 2.58 sGPA) and i need some options of what to do.
I've already taken my DAT and gotten a 19AA, 19TS, 19 PAT, i am planning on retaking it over summer and also retaking Bio 2 because I received a C- in it my freshman year and I'm hoping to get an A which will increase my GPA.

What i need advice on:
1. What is my next step from here? Should i just bust my butt from here on out to get A's and apply to a Masters program? (not sure if i can even get into an SMP at this point)

2. Should i look into Post-Bacc (i'd rather do a Masters if that is possible)

Am i too far in a hole or do I have a chance to get into a masters program and apply to Dental School rght after my senior year (hoping that i have atleast a 3.1ish by then)

Sorry for the somewhat long post, I've just been really torn up recently and haven't known what to do/whether it is even worth pursuing this still or just switching my career path overall.

Members don't see this ad.

bro.... I'm kinda in the same boat. but listen.... just retake what you have to and focus on your studies screw parties. plant the seed and take care of it and watch it grow. If it takes longer for you to graduate undergrad, who cares? this is for your future. Bust your butt and get A's (very easily said... i know). And start reviewing for the DAT over the weekends and whenever you can. get Chad's videos and DAT bootcamp for practice. I'm going to get that soon. And don't think about MS or Post-Bac. Focus on getting your GPA up and DAT. upward trend homie, upward trend.
That's the feedbackI have gotten from everyone who isn't a jerk. But good luck to both of us!