I think I failed the humanistic portion on comlex PE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yakuzadoc

Reaction score
I retook my comlex pe, and in a freak accident by belt buckle and pants came undone. My white coat covered a lot of it but I still think the pt saw it. I myself didnt notice until I walked out of the room. Now I'm scared I'm gonna fail the retake due to humanism/professionalism.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I retook my comlex pe, and in a freak accident by belt buckle and pants came undone. My white coat covered a lot of it but I still think the pt saw it. I myself didnt notice until I walked out of the room. Now I'm scared I'm gonna fail the retake due to humanism/professionalism.
So in the vein of not failing the humanistic portion of SDN, I will refrain from making a joke right now and point out that if you didn't notice the pants coming undone, and you were wearing the pants, then the patient probably wasn't certain about it either. I think you will be fine.

OTH tho, how do you not notice your pants coming undone? I guess they didn't come down, but a belt buckle and pants both coming undone, that wouldn't have slid by me. :p Sorry its too much to resist.

Okay... i What happened was that they are super strict with timing like down to the second. So I thought I had time to go to the bathroom and as soon as I was about to start, the lady rushed me so I freaked out and I guess I didnt notice I had it unbuckled. I noticed after I left the patients room.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think you’ll fail for one accidental pants mishap.

Everyone in the history of taking the PE has thought they failed the PE.
They said retake so they were right once.

Sorry couldn’t resist.
Anyway, it’s unlikely to fail twice. And I promise one pants mishap with one patient won’t cause it.

next time, also wear suspenders. never rely on 1 thing to hold your pants up

Reactions: 1 users
Please update us on your results, praying you passed and can move on. Have to say though, what a crazy thing to have happen, and on a retake. Seems like an innocent (albeit embarrassing) mistake and I would be really surprised if they used it as an excuse to fail you.

At least 4% of DO students each year are failing on the humanistic domain of the COMLEX 2 PE according to the presentation here:
http://www.aaoe-net.org/aaoe-2018-7-19-presentations.pdf
I am clueless as to why so many students are being failed on the humanistic domain.
Yeah we were told many times it’s the #1 reason people fail. Really not sure what they want beyond FIFE and a sincere “I’m sorry to hear that”

I passed! Thank you to all for the support. Honestly it made a big difference when I was very worried about it.

Reactions: 4 users