SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

I took 5 science class this semester with all C, is it worth it to apply???

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by IamJetLi, May 14, 2007.

  1. before this semseter i had a 3.6 gpa science and overall. i did better than the national average on DAT. but this semester ALL C in 5 science classes. 2 are pre reqs (biochem and organic chem lecture) should i apply. i got a 20 on organic portion. i also did alot of extra curricular activities during this semester too
     
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Regmata

    Regmata Member Dentist 10+ Year Member

    1,778
    12
    Feb 29, 2004
    I wouldnt bother...atleast not until you come up with a real good excuse and repeat all those classes
     
  4. seriously?



     
  5. ConfusedOne

    ConfusedOne Member 5+ Year Member

    168
    0
    Dec 6, 2004
    go for it :thumbup: what was your AA?
     
  6. and still apply?


     
  7. ucla2134

    ucla2134 7+ Year Member

    786
    1
    Nov 19, 2006
    I think you should wait and take more hard science class next quarter and get a good grade in it. Don't overstress yourself next quarter.
     
  8. i regret taking the 2 additional electives this semester...
     
  9. Regmata

    Regmata Member Dentist 10+ Year Member

    1,778
    12
    Feb 29, 2004
    You need to demonstrate that you can handle a large load of science courses at once and still succeed...that is part of the reason that they have these pre-reqs. I wouldn't apply until you have adequately shown that you can handle a large load and that your poor performance this semester was a fluke
     
  10. i guess ill wait till 2009 cycle
     
  11. uesider

    uesider Junior Member 2+ Year Member

    159
    0
    Jun 6, 2006
    What is the harm in applying this cycle? Besides maybe losing $$ on the app fees... otherwise, I say, you never know. I would at least try this cycle and see what happens.
     
  12. zthang

    zthang Member 7+ Year Member

    199
    0
    Feb 22, 2006
    Ok, your dat scores sound fine. Now you say you "had" a 3.6 gpa. So what is it now? If it's below 3.0 I wouldn't bother. If it's between 3.0 and 3.3, then you've still got a shot, but it'll be really hard.
     
  13. who knows...

    who knows... Member 2+ Year Member

    137
    0
    Jun 15, 2006
    NYC
    lol...I just posted a similar thread earlier today! I also used to have a 3.5ish (nearing 3.6) gpa and I thought I was set until I got three very vad marks this semester that killed me...I'm also the same with the DAT and extra currics and I'm also confused on what I should do!!!!!
    I have no idea what I will do !!!!!!:scared: :scared: :scared:
     
  14. lilietta2000

    lilietta2000 Dr.lili 2+ Year Member

    133
    0
    May 13, 2006

    I think you should apply! I believe you have good chances to get in. As they look at your overall performance.
     
  15. pine88

    pine88 Warning: 2+ Year Member

    806
    1
    May 3, 2006
    Hawaii
    Call the schools you are interested in. If they say it's not vital (and hopefully they will), go for it. If they think it will significantly weaken your application, wait a year and take more classes. Unless you don't care where you go, I think it's better to wait a year, have a better app, and then have your choice of schools, rather than maybe going with the only school that let you in. I waited a year (because I was late and didn't have letters of req yet) and I'm glad I did. I don't think I would have gotten into the same schools if my app had been slapped together last minute.
     
  16. Mstoothlady2012

    Mstoothlady2012 5+ Year Member

    1,714
    4
    Apr 7, 2007
    FL
    you took bio chem & organic concurrently? i would say give it a shot...u will loose money but u never know you migh get in ...apply to many schools like more than 10....apply mostly to private schools. my gpa is not that great either...because of organic :mad: uhhh!! got D in org I & C in org II...the only D & C throughout my science & math classes...but anyways i am still applying...hmm i would suggest that if you have time try to repeat atleast 2 of those courses in fall & get an A.

    hope it all works out for you!
     

Share This Page