I took 5 science class this semester with all C, is it worth it to apply???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

IamJetLi

before this semseter i had a 3.6 gpa science and overall. i did better than the national average on DAT. but this semester ALL C in 5 science classes. 2 are pre reqs (biochem and organic chem lecture) should i apply. i got a 20 on organic portion. i also did alot of extra curricular activities during this semester too

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
go for it :thumbup: what was your AA?

I think you should wait and take more hard science class next quarter and get a good grade in it. Don't overstress yourself next quarter.

You need to demonstrate that you can handle a large load of science courses at once and still succeed...that is part of the reason that they have these pre-reqs. I wouldn't apply until you have adequately shown that you can handle a large load and that your poor performance this semester was a fluke

What is the harm in applying this cycle? Besides maybe losing $$ on the app fees... otherwise, I say, you never know. I would at least try this cycle and see what happens.

Ok, your dat scores sound fine. Now you say you "had" a 3.6 gpa. So what is it now? If it's below 3.0 I wouldn't bother. If it's between 3.0 and 3.3, then you've still got a shot, but it'll be really hard.

lol...I just posted a similar thread earlier today! I also used to have a 3.5ish (nearing 3.6) gpa and I thought I was set until I got three very vad marks this semester that killed me...I'm also the same with the DAT and extra currics and I'm also confused on what I should do!!!!!
I have no idea what I will do !!!!!!:scared: :scared: :scared:

lol...I just posted a similar thread earlier today! I also used to have a 3.5ish (nearing 3.6) gpa and I thought I was set until I got three very vad marks this semester that killed me...I'm also the same with the DAT and extra currics and I'm also confused on what I should do!!!!!
I have no idea what I will do !!!!!!:scared: :scared: :scared:

I think you should apply! I believe you have good chances to get in. As they look at your overall performance.

Call the schools you are interested in. If they say it's not vital (and hopefully they will), go for it. If they think it will significantly weaken your application, wait a year and take more classes. Unless you don't care where you go, I think it's better to wait a year, have a better app, and then have your choice of schools, rather than maybe going with the only school that let you in. I waited a year (because I was late and didn't have letters of req yet) and I'm glad I did. I don't think I would have gotten into the same schools if my app had been slapped together last minute.

before this semseter i had a 3.6 gpa science and overall. i did better than the national average on DAT. but this semester ALL C in 5 science classes. 2 are pre reqs (biochem and organic chem lecture) should i apply. i got a 20 on organic portion. i also did alot of extra curricular activities during this semester too
you took bio chem & organic concurrently? i would say give it a shot...u will loose money but u never know you migh get in ...apply to many schools like more than 10....apply mostly to private schools. my gpa is not that great either...because of organic :mad: uhhh!! got D in org I & C in org II...the only D & C throughout my science & math classes...but anyways i am still applying...hmm i would suggest that if you have time try to repeat atleast 2 of those courses in fall & get an A.

hope it all works out for you!