You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I want a second piercing in both my ears
Started by Lina19
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I want to get a second piercing behind my first piercing in both my ears. I don't want a bar or anything outrageous of the sort. I just want a second piercing in my ear lobes. Do you think this is a bit much for applying to medical school?
No way! I have seen plenty of students with all sorts of piercings at interviews...medical students, that is. While I joined the masses and took out my various unconventional piercings, I left my double lobe piercing in. At interviews I wear simple studs in my regular lobe piercings and the little metal ball studs...the most basic steel jewelry...in my second piercing. Not a word was said about my double piercings or about my retainers in other piercings....maybe they were invisible though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL I have 8 ear piercings. Didn't wear any earrings to interviews. Already got accepted this cycle. I totally agree with poster above- just look conservative and professional
D
deleted357625
I want to get a second piercing behind my first piercing in both my ears. I don't want a bar or anything outrageous of the sort. I just want a second piercing in my ear lobes. Do you think this is a bit much for applying to medical school?
It's fine. Just don't flash anything during the interview process. Of course, the profession in itself is conservative compared to others, but ear piercings are fine.
I have considered stretching my ears slightly, nothing too big because i don't like the huge plugs.
assuming its small enough to not be obnoxious would i need to let the hole close before interviewing or just wear invisible jewlery/nudes etc?
Don't mean to hijack your thread just wanted to add on to 'piercing' for interviews
assuming its small enough to not be obnoxious would i need to let the hole close before interviewing or just wear invisible jewlery/nudes etc?
Don't mean to hijack your thread just wanted to add on to 'piercing' for interviews
I have considered stretching my ears slightly, nothing too big because i don't like the huge plugs.
assuming its small enough to not be obnoxious would i need to let the hole close before interviewing or just wear invisible jewlery/nudes etc?
Don't mean to hijack your thread just wanted to add on to 'piercing' for interviews
What gauge are you thinking about? Small gauges can be easily concealed with strategic earrings that look like studs.
Unless you're a guy. Then I'd probably let them close or wear nude plugs.
I am a guy.What gauge are you thinking about? Small gauges can be easily concealed with strategic earrings that look like studs.
Unless you're a guy. Then I'd probably let them close or wear nude plugs.
4ga-2ga maybe
I am a guy.
4ga-2ga maybe
Unfortunately, society frowns on males with earrings. You'll be better off letting them close for interviews and then keeping them your first year or two. When I dye my hair, I do this: I have it professional for certain times and bright blue the rest.
What do you mean "certain times" and i assume you're a girl?Unfortunately, society frowns on males with earrings. You'll be better off letting them close for interviews and then keeping them your first year or two. When I dye my hair, I do this: I have it professional for certain times and bright blue the rest.
also, i think at most i'll only want to keep them up to clinical years if that at all.
Thinking about going the way of Mike Tyson with a face tattoo, now that I have my medical school acceptances. This isn't a bad idea at all, right?
What do you mean "certain times" and i assume you're a girl?
also, i think at most i'll only want to keep them up to clinical years if that at all.
I am female. At certain times meaning when I am in a professional setting that requires my looking more adult. During the summers, I can do whatever I want to my hair.
Don't disrespect Maori cultural symbols! C'mon Burberry I thought you were way more PC than that!Thinking about going the way of Mike Tyson with a face tattoo, now that I have my medical school acceptances. This isn't a bad idea at all, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 680
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 599