I want to get admitted already. I'm going crazy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BasesofHumanity

Cardiology Rules, so far
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's one waitlist or rejection after another. I WANT IN ALREADY. Do they not understand? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Who's like me?

Members don't see this ad.

They/we understand. Give it time. All good things to those who wait, eh?

BasesofHumanity said:
It's one waitlist or rejection after another. I WANT IN ALREADY. Do they not understand? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Who's like me?

I feel your pain. I'm going out of my mind with this waiting crap!

Members don't see this ad :)
totally with you! i'd actually like to go on one of those second look weekends and get wined and dined... please, someone admit me! :rolleyes:

I cant take the waiting anymore either....
I waited last year only to be placed on the waiting list and didnt finally get the rejection from pennstate till sept. last fall

Hoping Drexel doesnt do the same to me this year...

should find out soon though, whether its more waiting, an acceptance or a rejection

Yup, the waiting is the worst part...

I have one waitlist... two schools to hear back from post interview... (NY med is serious when they say 12 weeks!) and 5 schools i'm still waiting to hear back from post-secondary... i was complete at all of them in aug... if i do get into med school... i'll probably have of those stories you hear so often.. "so i got my acceptance letter the day before classes!"

waitlists suck: I'm on 3 of them, and have no acceptances. it's times like these where i wish med school admissions operated on some sort of "match" system, so there would be less of this waiting stuff...

7 interviews, no word on any of them... can't take it. :(

I feel the same way. Three waitlists. No acceptances. Still waiting on one. Got a fresh interview today though. BUT, I'm pretty sure it's for a waitlist spot too. I think I'm going to make it a game and see how many waitlist I can possibly get on. :) I'm going insane. :)

Being in this situation is very discouraging. I was there once and remember the constant anxiety of worrying of when I would get in. There is one thing you should do different from me---have a backup plan. Take the GRE and apply to grad school, have a job lined up, do something so that in case you don't get in this year, you'll be able to have a source of income or have some way to begin beefing up your application. I didn't get accepted anywhere and spent my summer applying for lab jobs and trying to get into a post-bac program. I know this semester sucks because of the uncertainty ahead, but please make sure that you at least have a plan B.

BigRedZippo said:
They/we understand. Give it time. All good things to those who wait, eh?

Are you Canadian?

deuist said:
Being in this situation is very discouraging. I was there once and remember the constant anxiety of worrying of when I would get in. There is one thing you should do different from me---have a backup plan. Take the GRE and apply to grad school, have a job lined up, do something so that in case you don't get in this year, you'll be able to have a source of income or have some way to begin beefing up your application. I didn't get accepted anywhere and spent my summer applying for lab jobs and trying to get into a post-bac program. I know this semester sucks because of the uncertainty ahead, but please make sure that you at least have a plan B.

How soon should I start looking for a job? Did you Plan B work out?

Waiting112 said:
How soon should I start looking for a job? Did you Plan B work out?

Depending on what you want to do, but you should start soon if you want a salaried position. All of the major corporations are currently hiring the soon-to-be spring 2006 graduates. You'll be competing against them and getting into the game late is not what you want to do. If, however, you want a lab position in the summer, you won't have to start looking until a month before the semester ends.

I didn't have a Plan B. I spent the summer looking for a lab on campus until I found an engineering group that needed someone with a background in biology and physical sciences. I also re-entered school as a post-bac and then became a graduate student. I spent two years with that lab, got a master's degree, volunteered at a crisis center, and retook the MCAT. I reapplied as was accepted.

I finished my Post-Bac Program in early May '05. Interviewed for a job doing clinical research in Mid-May and was working by the 23rd. (The interview was lined up before I finished the program).

I'm not saying it's the best plan, but it worked out pretty well for me. Great job, great benefits. Now if only Round 2 were going better.

tacrum43 said:
I feel the same way. Three waitlists. No acceptances. Still waiting on one. Got a fresh interview today though. BUT, I'm pretty sure it's for a waitlist spot too. I think I'm going to make it a game and see how many waitlist I can possibly get on. :) I'm going insane. :)

I'm so neurotic that my friends are soon planinig an intervention. This wait is so painful and stressful. I am under consideration from one school, and I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools (feel's like they have forgotten me :( ).

take some vicodin and call me in the morning....

it helps the bad waiting feeling :sleep: