I will start completing my prerequisites tomorrow!!! Tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bottlecap1990

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tomorrow is my first day at my local community college. I am just ecstatic that the day has finally come. I seriously can't wait to complete all those prerequisites. My first semester schedule is chem 101 and lab, english 101, world civilization, and intermediate algebra (only 3 semester behind the required calculus, I will be taking a math class in every semester this year so i should be able to finish the math in a year TOP) any tips for me? Oh I will also be working about 16 hours a week. And yes I will trytaking 2 or even 3 Lab Classes next semester.
 
not much is there to be said other than try your best, study hard, and good luck. i like the enthusiasm though. its good to see someone as excited as you are to be starting school.
 
Make sure your chem 101 qualifies as general chemistry I for majors, otherwise pharmacy schools won't accept it. Other than that, it looks like you have a game plan and good luck to you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ that advice for all of the classes you're planning to take!

For example, there were 2 different A&P classes at my school. There was A&P 402, which was like, for nursing programs and EMT/Paramedic degree/certificate tracks. Then there was A&P 430/431 that were the ones articulated to be acceptable for pharmacy schools.

You need to look, sooner than later, on every pharmacy school website that you are considering attending, and looking for that articulation agreement. Not all of them have one online but most do. For the ones that do not, e-mail them and ask. Nothing would be worse than knocking out a full semester of pre-requisites that weren't actually pre-requisites at all.

And get comy with aacp.org
 
For your pharmacy pre-reqs, study the material for long-term learning. You are going to need this info for the PCAT and having a solid foundation will help you in pharmacy school. If you don't understand a concept, get help. Don't cram either. If you do, you may be able to regurgitate it for the exam but you will forget it in a week or two. You may get a good grade but you'll leave yourself lots of work for the PCAT.