I20 Transfer query

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aztec82

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Just a hypothetical situation:

• I am an international student doing my MPH from 'Univ X'.
  • I get accepted for DDS at 'Univ Y'.
  • I transfer the I20 to Univ Y.
  • I find out that I have been accepted at 'Univ Z' and I want to go to Univ Z.
  • But the I20 has already been transferred to Univ Y.

My ques is: Can I get my I20 transferred from Univ Y to Univ Z, even if I have started with my DDS at Univ Y ???

Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

Yes but try to delay the transfer as much as possible if you have chances to transfer to another school. the whole transfer process should take a week or so.

Delaying is always an option, but my ques was if I have ALREADY TRANSFERRED....is there an option?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
Doesn't anyone know a solution to this problem????.

No students on F1 here??

it doesnt pose a problem. i took transfer from one university and now i am taking transfer to another one and the third transfer would be to the DDS program. but i asked all teh advisors here and they said its just the SEVIS record that gets updated and the internal security. but it is not a problem until you have a red mark on your records. there shouldnt be any negative thing... one is enough ;) and that would be you transferring.. but the only thing to keep in mind is to always keep the original I20 with you attached to the new ones... the one on which you entered US thats what is checked at the entry port...
Correct me if i am wrong anyone...

Ideally one should delay the transferred from uni X to Uni Y if he is expecting call frm other uni Z.

But if the sevis records r already transferred , No Prob !!

Just arrange a transfer of records from Uni Y to Uni Z.
After the transfer is done, Uni X cant do anything. The transfer role is played by Uni Y then.

But its just matter or paper work, After all its matter of your own preference : Nobody can force you stay in one college.

The only issue can be your fee refund etc which you might hv already paid at uni Y. If the course at the Uni Y has already started they may or may not refund the fee you already paid

every university has a grace period during which you can opt out of the course and you get a full refund. then they give i think about 10 days for partial fee refund.... after that there is petition refund and then well.... no refund :D... but its more of your own choice.