ID Expired- MCAT 3 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BioPeach88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In one of the most epic ****ups of my life I realized that my ID is expired. I don't drive so it's not something I pay attention to most of the time. I have applied for renewal but the expired date is still there. My plan is to try to get a same day state ID tomorrow (Georgia) and call the testing center to see if they would accept a temporary with the expired card as well. Does anyone know if Georgia issues same day IDs? Aside from that, how hard do they scrutinize your ID and am I likely to get by with temporary paper + expired permanent ID?

Members don't see this ad.

Check page 23 of the AAMC MCAT Essentials Document

https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...ec12888c/essentials_2017_-_final_03282017.pdf

Typically, a driver’s license or passport will meet the acceptable criteria noted below.
o If you do not provide the proper identification, you will be considered a “no-show,” you will not receive a refund, and the attempt to test will count toward your testing limits.

An acceptable ID must meet the following conditions in a single form:
o Be current (document must have an expiration date that has not passed)
o Have been issued by a government agency
o Include a photo, which can be used to positively identify you
o Include your signature, which you will be asked to duplicate on test day
o Be whole, with no evidence of tampering (e.g., no clipped corners or holes punched)

The Test Center Administrator (TCA) cannot accept:
o Temporary IDs, paper IDs, IDs with extension stickers, or ID application receipts of any quality since we are unable to validate authenticity
o If your ID has the word “temporary” printed on it due to your current status within the country, you must contact AAMC Services for instructions prior to the Silver Zone registration deadline associated with your test.
o Virtual IDs
o Employee IDs
o School IDs
o Library cards
o Any single ID that does not fulfill the above requirements, even if issued by governmentsponsored institutions

If your ID has expired and you will not receive a new acceptable ID prior to exam day, you must reschedule your exam to a later administration or risk that your new ID will not arrive in time. Examinees must account for the processing time of government agencies when selecting an exam date.

Reactions: 1 user
I think any form of temporary ID or the like will not work, with or without your expired ID.

Do you have a passport?

I think any form of temporary ID or the like will not work, with or without your expired ID.

Do you have a passport?

No passport. I'm just hoping I can either get a same day ID card or that the test center will be lenient. I could also offer to login on my state's DMV portal in the presence of the test center agent and show I have a valid ID on the way. Think that will work?

No passport. I'm just hoping I can either get a same day ID card or that the test center will be lenient. I could also offer to login on my state's DMV portal in the presence of the test center agent and show I have a valid ID on the way. Think that will work?

Your best bet would be to call the test center directly, or even just go tomorrow and let them know what's up. There's no one better to tell you what you can do than the test center itself.