Idaho State University 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mookie014

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I figured I’d start a forum for ISU. I’ve been watching other threads to see if anyone has been applying here and haven’t seen too many so hopefully this forum will show who’s applied

Idaho is my top choice as of now. I’ve been receiving updates about my application. In the next couple weeks we should know!

This is my first year applying and I have a good feeling it’s not my last since my GRE scores were INCREDIBLY low... (150Q, 140V 4W). Ya I know... I had a rough last semester balancing work and school and my GRE scores reflected it. Unfortunately it’s impossible to live in California and NOT work. Which is why I’m excited to venture out

GPA: 3.7
Volunteer hours: >120 inpatient and outpatient
References: 2 PTs, 1 professor, 1 employer

Applied: NAU, ISU, midwestern AZ, Montana, Utah, Rocky Mountains, Franklin pierce AZ, Sacramento

Rejections: Utah, Rocky Mountains, Montana, Sacramento, NAU

Waitlisted: (for a possible interview) midwestern

Members don't see this ad.

This is my second time applying to ISU. I have been accepted into MGH in Boston and I have an interview on 2/16 at St. Augustine San Marcos.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my second time applying to ISU. I have been accepted into MGH in Boston and I have an interview on 2/16 at St
This is my second time applying to ISU. I have been accepted into MGH in Boston and I have an interview on 2/16 at St. Augustine San Marcos.

I just graduated from CSU San Marcos. Love the area. I also have a best friend interviewing at st Augustine coming up soon. Is it your top choice ?

I live in San Diego at the moment with my fiance, but I'm originally from Boise. He is from near Boston, so I honestly have NO IDEA what to do if I am accepted into those other two programs. MGH has a fantastic PT program and I would live with his mom for free (it's about an hour commute), but it's expensive. USA is expensive as well, but I would be able to live where I am now. ISU would be a good $50k less AT LEAST because I am still an Idaho Resident. Just have to wait and hear back from them, I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

I figured I’d start a forum for ISU. I’ve been watching other threads to see if anyone has been applying here and haven’t seen too many so hopefully this forum will show who’s applied

Idaho is my top choice as of now. I’ve been receiving updates about my application. In the next couple weeks we should know!

This is my first year applying and I have a good feeling it’s not my last since my GRE scores were INCREDIBLY low... (150Q, 140V 4W). Ya I know... I had a rough last semester balancing work and school and my GRE scores reflected it. Unfortunately it’s impossible to live in California and NOT work. Which is why I’m excited to venture out

GPA: 3.7
Volunteer hours: >120 inpatient and outpatient
References: 2 PTs, 1 professor, 1 employer

Applied: NAU, ISU, midwestern AZ, Montana, Utah, Rocky Mountains, Franklin pierce AZ, Sacramento

Rejections: Utah, Rocky Mountains, Montana, Sacramento, NAU

Waitlisted: (for a possible interview) midwestern
Just an FYI, ive applied a few years now and ISU is always very behind. They say they will let you know by a certain date but typically its much later. I was waitlisted last year and didn't receive my position untill almost April. Good luck>

Just an FYI, ive applied a few years now and ISU is always very behind. They say they will let you know by a certain date but typically its much later. I was waitlisted last year and didn't receive my position untill almost April. Good luck>
Yeah they usually have, but they got a new Director and Chair, so things should hopefully go ALOT smoother now.

Does anyone know about when we should be hearing back? Within a couple weeks? Within the next month? If I remember correctly, I heard back from them towards the end of February last year.

Does anyone know about when we should be hearing back? Within a couple weeks? Within the next month? If I remember correctly, I heard back from them towards the end of February last year.
I spoke to Nelda (the front office administrator) and she said end of January to the middle of February. Did you hear about the Meridian campus most likely getting a DPT program as well?

I spoke to Nelda (the front office administrator) and she said end of January to the middle of February. Did you hear about the Meridian campus most likely getting a DPT program as well?

Okay, so hopefully soon. There has been word of that for years now, is it actually happening now? Did you ask about it? Are you from Idaho?

Okay, so hopefully soon. There has been word of that for years now, is it actually happening now? Did you ask about it? Are you from Idaho?
Yeah I'm from Idaho, I went to ISU for my undergrad, and I am there for my masters now. From what I heard is they are waiting to get a few more things to beapproved, should be ready to go by this fall
is what they are thinking.

Yeah I'm from Idaho, I went to ISU for my undergrad, and I am there for my masters now. From what I heard is they are waiting to get a few more things to beapproved, should be ready to go by this fall

Same. I graduated from BSU. That would be fantastic if they actually opened it this year, I would be able to live at home if I were accepted. That means they are accepting more people then, right? Do you know much about the dual ATC/DPT program?

Same. I graduated from BSU. That would be fantastic if they actually opened it this year, I would be able to live at home if I were accepted. That means they are accepting more people then, right? Do you know much about the dual ATC/DPT program?
Yeah the size will double, so 24? (I think) in Pocatello and the same amount in Boise. However they can't accept the other 24 until it gets finalized, so the first class will be accepted in February and the remaining could get acceptance letters around mid-summer. I know a little about the program, right now they have one student doing it as a "trial run". He is a first year so I guess depending on how that goes more information will be released soon, just not much has been put out to the public yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
so the first class will be accepted in February and the remaining could get acceptance letters around mid-summer.

Wait, so the other half won't know anything until mid-summer? That sounds crazy and incredibly late/stressful. I wonder if we're able to put in a preference.

Wait, so the other half won't know anything until mid-summer? That sounds crazy and incredibly late/stressful. I wonder if we're able to put in a preference.
Dang that’s insane! I hope that happens though! I’m worried about my GRE scores. They’re really bad. Have you guys heard how they choose their applicants? Is it mostly GRE scores like other schools? I’m trying to get an idea of what I should plan for (like starting over and volunteering )

Yeah, they might get something stating they have a spot, if it gets approved. From what I heard, the initial 24 would be able to put a preference, and the others will be placed. That is if it does go through, if not then the first 24 will just default to Pocatello campus.

Dang that’s insane! I hope that happens though! I’m worried about my GRE scores. They’re really bad. Have you guys heard how they choose their applicants? Is it mostly GRE scores like other schools? I’m trying to get an idea of what I should plan for (like starting over and volunteering )
They choose just like other schools, GPA and GRE are both heavily considered

This is posted on their web page, under admission requirements

"Minimum combined score of 295 with at least 148 in verbal."

If you look onIdaho State's application site, it'll show where you are in the process. I moved from "pending graduate evaluation" to "ready for review". So we might be hearing from them soon.

If you look onIdaho State's application site, it'll show where you are in the process. I moved from "pending graduate evaluation" to "ready for review". So we might be hearing from them soon.
Mine just says “graduate school evaluation” it didn’t say “pending” but I’m assuming that’s what you meant?

Wait, I don't know where you're seeing this. I'm on my grad app and I don't see where it says that. This is what I see
View attachment 228793

The wait is brutal. I called yesterday to ask about the dual program and what not, and she said within the next couple weeks.
Click on "View Checklist" and you should see the status in the upper 1/3 of the page.

Click on "View Checklist" and you should see the status in the upper 1/3 of the page.

haha, I totally skipped over that part, went straight to the components of the app. Thanks for the clarification!

Is this your third time applying to ISU?
ya :( I've been put on waitlist every year. Last time i was 1 person away from starting. This time I have earned a masters degree so i am hoping they accept me. Ive had interviews at other schools so i'm confident i will get in somewhere this year. Every year i did exactly what ISU asked me to do to get better, they said i would get in but still hasnt happened.

I've been put on waitlist every year. Last time i was 1 person away from starting.

I was waitlisted last year too. What was your original spot on the list last year? Have you been accepted/waitlisted anywhere else? Is ISU your number one?
I wish you all the luck this year!

I was waitlisted last year too. What was your original spot on the list last year? Have you been accepted/waitlisted anywhere else? Is ISU your number one?
I wish you all the luck this year!
i was forty somehting last year and was told i was next up all the last week but no one else dropped. every year i have moved up around 12 spots so hoping this is my year. ISU is #1 but i would rather go to St augustine, but the wife wants to stay in idaho

My application changed to “ready for review” I have a feeling we should be hearing soon.

I talked with them today, and was told they are hoping to have decisions made by Friday, so we should hear early next week. Good Luck everyone, I hope we get it!

I got an email from ISU today! I had to log in to the website to see my decision letter. I was accepted, but have declined my spot. Good luck everyone!

I got an email from ISU today! I had to log in to the website to see my decision letter. I was accepted, but have declined my spot. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Have you decided on a school already? In the letter, did it specify if it was the Pocatello or Meridian Location?

i logged in and it still just says under review. anyone else hear yet?
Mine says same thing. Ive heard this week i likely, but they are always behind on what they say, hopefully this week though!

Mine says same thing. Ive heard this week i likely, but they are always behind on what they say, hopefully this week though!

I just logged into my application and it states that it’s “ready for review” but it has said that for awhile. I keep thinking we are going to hear this week some time because someone heard on Friday, but when I looked back at last years posts, it looks like someone got accepted early and then they waited to accept more. So I’m hoping for this week, but I’m trying not to think about it too much. If I don’t see a status change soon, I will probably call later this week

Congrats! Have you decided on a school already? In the letter, did it specify if it was the Pocatello or Meridian Location?
I just checked the letter again and it doesn't specify location. Here's the text of the email (sent from [email protected]):

"Dear (my name),

A decision has been made regarding your Physical Therapy - DPT application to Idaho State University. Please log onto your activity portal to view your decision and complete your decision form."

And here's the letter I was able to access when I logged in:

"Dear (my name),

Congratulations! You have been accepted for the Fall 2018 semester with Classified admission to study for a Doctorate in the Physical Therapy - DPT program at Idaho State University. We are very pleased that Idaho State University can play a role in assisting your academic pursuits.

Our initial review of your application has determined that you are a/an Non-Idaho Resident; therefore, you will be assessed Non-Idaho Resident tuition fees. If you need assistance with your academic plan or the program expectations, please contact your department of study. Department information can be found at www.isu.edu/academics. If you have additional questions you can contact the Graduate school at [email protected] or 208-282-2150.

Again, congratulations on your graduate admission!"

I'm not 100% sure yet where I will be attending but am leaning strongly towards Regis University and will probably have finalized my decision in the next few days. :)

I just checked the letter again and it doesn't specify location. Here's the text of the email (sent from [email protected]):

"Dear (my name),

A decision has been made regarding your Physical Therapy - DPT application to Idaho State University. Please log onto your activity portal to view your decision and complete your decision form."

And here's the letter I was able to access when I logged in:

"Dear (my name),

Congratulations! You have been accepted for the Fall 2018 semester with Classified admission to study for a Doctorate in the Physical Therapy - DPT program at Idaho State University. We are very pleased that Idaho State University can play a role in assisting your academic pursuits.

Our initial review of your application has determined that you are a/an Non-Idaho Resident; therefore, you will be assessed Non-Idaho Resident tuition fees. If you need assistance with your academic plan or the program expectations, please contact your department of study. Department information can be found at www.isu.edu/academics. If you have additional questions you can contact the Graduate school at [email protected] or 208-282-2150.

Again, congratulations on your graduate admission!"

I'm not 100% sure yet where I will be attending but am leaning strongly towards Regis University and will probably have finalized my decision in the next few days. :)
my wife and i toured regis and loved it there! only bad part is it costs so much to live in the area! good luck!

I spoke with the PT department today because I was concerned that my application still stated that it was "ready for review." After talking with a few people, I was told that they would call me back later. I received a phone call later this morning and was told that I was on the "waitlist." I asked where I was on the list, but she wasn't able to tell me. She also told me that they sent out all of their acceptance letter and are waiting to here back on people's decisions. She said since they are planning on having two campus's this year, they would be accepting another 24 people off the waitlist, but probably wouldn't be able to do that until June, when they are 100% ready for the program in Meridian.

I spoke with the PT department today because I was concerned that my application still stated that it was "ready for review." After talking with a few people, I was told that they would call me back later. I received a phone call later this morning and was told that I was on the "waitlist." I asked where I was on the list, but she wasn't able to tell me. She also told me that they sent out all of their acceptance letter and are waiting to here back on people's decisions. She said since they are planning on having two campus's this year, they would be accepting another 24 people off the waitlist, but probably wouldn't be able to do that until June, when they are 100% ready for the program in Meridian.
Thanks for this information. Mine still says ready for review as well. That’s a bummer you don’t know your position. June is a long ways away for people to make a decion just like that.

Anyone hear anything yet??

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything yet??
Nothing official. Have you called the campus? I know Nelda is back this week and she probably will be a little more informative than they were last week when I called.

Nothing official. Have you called the campus? I know Nelda is back this week and she probably will be a little more informative than they were last week when I called.

Yeah I just called, she told me they aren't able to release wait list position due to a policy. Plus she said they are stuck in this waiting limbo with the Meridian campus.

Yeah I just called, she told me they aren't able to release wait list position due to a policy. Plus she said they are stuck in this waiting limbo with the Meridian campus.
Did it sound like they would eventually tell us our waitlist position? That’s what the lady told me as well, but I didn’t know if we would eventually find out.

Did it sound like they would eventually tell us our waitlist position? That’s what the lady told me as well, but I didn’t know if we would eventually find out.
She said she was unsure, because I asked if they would send out letters with position number like they did last year and she said most likely but wasn't clear when. if I find any other information I will post here.

I called yesterday. I didn't speak with Nelda but the woman I spoke with told me that they send their acceptances in bunches. So they'll send out like....idk 5 or so....wait to hear back and then send the next batch until they have their class established. From there they then make the waitlist. She did tell me that they are waiting on accreditation of their Meridian campus and they hope to have it in early June. In that event they will pull the first 24 (I think it was 24) off the waitlist and accept them into the Meridian campus.

irontyler: I think we may have met. Were you at the RMUoHP interview session in mid-November?

I called yesterday. I didn't speak with Nelda but the woman I spoke with told me that they send their acceptances in bunches. So they'll send out like....idk 5 or so....wait to hear back and then send the next batch until they have their class established. From there they then make the waitlist. She did tell me that they are waiting on accreditation of their Meridian campus and they hope to have it in early June. In that event they will pull the first 24 (I think it was 24) off the waitlist and accept them into the Meridian campus.

irontyler: I think we may have met. Were you at the RMUoHP interview session in mid-November?

Yes I was, I got accepted into RMU. What was your name?

Congrats Tyler! My name is Evan and we did meet! I'm the guy from Boise State. The RMU interview was my first and it went horrible! haha. Although I can't say I was super disappointed, it just didn't feel like a good fit for me. I had a borderline panic attack before the interview as well. Needless to say I got rejected. But I'm on 3 waitlists presently so I have that going for me!

Congrats Tyler! My name is Evan and we did meet! I'm the guy from Boise State. The RMU interview was my first and it went horrible! haha. Although I can't say I was super disappointed, it just didn't feel like a good fit for me. I had a borderline panic attack before the interview as well. Needless to say I got rejected. But I'm on 3 waitlists presently so I have that going for me!
Oh yeah I remember you! haha they can be pretty nerve racking! Congrats on that! the wait list is a good direction to go! I was on 4 and got offered spots from 3 of them. Where are you on the wait list at?

The last time I spoke with them, I was assured that they haven't finished accepting people yet.

Oh yeah I remember you! haha they can be pretty nerve racking! Congrats on that! the wait list is a good direction to go! I was on 4 and got offered spots from 3 of them. Where are you on the wait list at?

I’m glad to hear you got in! I’m on the waitlist at MGH IHP, Methodist U, and UNE. This is my first round of apps and I’m hoping it’s my only round. However, I am starting to set a plan for if I do not get accepted and need another round. I’ll have my Masters, so hopefully I can find a good job for while I apply again.