Idaho State University 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m glad to hear you got in! I’m on the waitlist at MGH IHP, Methodist U, and UNE. This is my first round of apps and I’m hoping it’s my only round. However, I am starting to set a plan for if I do not get accepted and need another round. I’ll have my Masters, so hopefully I can find a good job for while I apply again.

Congrats that's awesome! UNE was the first school I was accepted to, I really liked their program. That's what I did this go around, fingers crossed you hear some good news!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats that's awesome! UNE was the first school I was accepted to, I really liked their program. That's what I did this go around, fingers crossed you hear some good news!

Thanks man! I really liked UNE as well! It was my strongest interview by far, but unfortunately for me it was in one of their last sessions and they didn’t have that many spots left. Not gonna lie, ISU-Meridian is my #1 choice.

Thanks man! I really liked UNE as well! It was my strongest interview by far, but unfortunately for me it was in one of their last sessions and they didn’t have that many spots left. Not gonna lie, ISU-Meridian is my #1 choice.
Yeah I don't blame you ISU is good and cheap, They are still my number 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked the letter again and it doesn't specify location. Here's the text of the email (sent from [email protected]):

"Dear (my name),

A decision has been made regarding your Physical Therapy - DPT application to Idaho State University. Please log onto your activity portal to view your decision and complete your decision form."

And here's the letter I was able to access when I logged in:

"Dear (my name),

Congratulations! You have been accepted for the Fall 2018 semester with Classified admission to study for a Doctorate in the Physical Therapy - DPT program at Idaho State University. We are very pleased that Idaho State University can play a role in assisting your academic pursuits.

Our initial review of your application has determined that you are a/an Non-Idaho Resident; therefore, you will be assessed Non-Idaho Resident tuition fees. If you need assistance with your academic plan or the program expectations, please contact your department of study. Department information can be found at www.isu.edu/academics. If you have additional questions you can contact the Graduate school at [email protected] or 208-282-2150.

Again, congratulations on your graduate admission!"

I'm not 100% sure yet where I will be attending but am leaning strongly towards Regis University and will probably have finalized my decision in the next few days. :)

Did they give you a deadline of when a deposite was due before the spot was forfeited? I know you said you declined, but I was just curious.

I just heard they said they will be sending out wait-list letters by the end of the week, so we will see if that holds true.

I've decided to attend augusta university so I'll be denying my place on the wiatlist. Hope this helps someone else!

I've decided to attend augusta university so I'll be denying my place on the wiatlist. Hope this helps someone else!

Congrats on Augusta! I know one person who recently graduated from there, and another that is in her last year. They both love the program!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a wait list email as well
Did you ask Megan your waitlist spot? I replied to the mail and asked my waitlist spot, she was very responive and got back to me in 30 minutes

Did you ask Megan your waitlist spot? I replied to the mail and asked my waitlist spot, she was very responive and got back to me in 30 minutes
No I haven't yet, I am going to today. What is your spot if you don't mind me asking?

My waitlist email came yesterday too. I'm really hoping the Meridian campus works out this year because I live like 15 minutes from there. Does anyone know how likely the expansion request will be granted?

My waitlist email came yesterday too. I'm really hoping the Meridian campus works out this year because I live like 15 minutes from there. Does anyone know how likely the expansion request will be granted?
I have heard they have everything set up, they are just waiting for the ok to accept people for the program. They already have some teachers in place. Some of the PTs I work with have talked about getting position in the program. I am #55 on the waitlist. I live less than a mile from the ISU building in meridian, so it really would be nice, but only time will tell.

Reactions: 1 user
She also said they won’t hear until June if they are ok to accept people, which is actually super late notice because a lot of programs start before that or about that time

I’m still waiting. My application still says “ready for review”. I emailed them too and the person who emailed me back (without a name) just said that my application is “ready for review”. Not much help but I’ll wait a little longer. But congrats to everyone so far!

i got put on waitlist as well. I was on waitlist last year and ended up only 1 spot away from starting. this year my position is more then double worse then last years spot. i was fully accepted into another school so i declined my waitlist spot. it is in the 80's so i doubt it will help anyone. good luck though! i guess after 4 years of applying isu doesnt want me! good thing a better program really wants me! ISU's loss! good luck everyone

i got put on waitlist as well. I was on waitlist last year and ended up only 1 spot away from starting. this year my position is more then double worse then last years spot. i was fully accepted into another school so i declined my waitlist spot. it is in the 80's so i doubt it will help anyone. good luck though! i guess after 4 years of applying isu doesnt want me! good thing a better program really wants me! ISU's loss! good luck everyone
I know exactly how you feel, I've been accepted to four other programs this year, and still waitlisted at ISU after applying for a third time. I got my GPA and GRE up and got a masters from ISU and got wait listed a lot higher then last year. Where did you accept to?

Has anyone moved on the list? Also, does anyone know the deposit deadline?

Has anyone moved on the list? Also, does anyone know the deposit deadline?
I'm planning on calling this week to see if I've moved on the list so I'm not much help there. Have you moved at all?

I'm planning on calling this week to see if I've moved on the list so I'm not much help there. Have you moved at all?
What number are you on the list? If you don't mind me asking.

What number are you on the list? If you don't mind me asking.
I started at 42 so I'm hoping that it dropped quite a bit over these first couple weeks. Fingers crossed! How about you?

I just received my acceptance letter for ISU!!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received my acceptance letter for ISU!!
That's awesome! That's good news going into the weekend! Do you know where you were initially on the waitlist? Just trying to figure out how many spots the waitlist has moved

That's awesome! That's good news going into the weekend! Do you know where you were initially on the waitlist? Just trying to figure out how many spots the waitlist has moved
I called this morning and I've dropped 12 spots from my initial place

I know exactly how you feel, I've been accepted to four other programs this year, and still waitlisted at ISU after applying for a third time. I got my GPA and GRE up and got a masters from ISU and got wait listed a lot higher then last year. Where did you accept to?
im going to the university of st augustine in st augustine starting may 10

Hey everyone! the ISU-Meridian campus got its CAPTE accreditation today and they sent out an email saying that the top 24 wait-listed students will be accepted!

I'm not in the top 24....so I'm hoping that a lot of you already have acceptances and turn down your spot XD

Anyway, congrats to everyone who will be getting accepted!!

I was 18 on the list and got my acceptance for the expansion!

Congrats man!! Are you gonna go to ISU or RMU?

I got my acceptance e-mail today too! I'm hoping to go to Meridian since I already live here but I'm excited to be in! Looking forward to meeting all my new classmates!

I got an email just now confirming my spot at the meridian location! Excited to meet some classmates! We should make a fb page sometime soon.

I got an email just now confirming my spot at the meridian location! Excited to meet some classmates! We should make a fb page sometime soon.
I’m confirmed at Meridian as well! I hope there is a facebook page created soon, it would be great to start meeting people!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an acceptance offer. I hope whoever's waiting will hear some good news soon!

Did it say in your acceptance email that you're definitely at the Meridian location? I got an acceptance email yesterday but I have to fill out a preference on what location I prefer when I send in my enrollment agreement. I need the Meridian location though so I'm hoping that's where they put me!

Did it say in your acceptance email that you're definitely at the Meridian location? I got an acceptance email yesterday but I have to fill out a preference on what location I prefer when I send in my enrollment agreement. I need the Meridian location though so I'm hoping that's where they put me!
No, I got accepted before the expansion was confirmed. I had to fill all that stuff out too. My preference was meridian because I’m from star, so I wouldn’t have to move at all. I found out my meridian location was confirmed when the second round of acceptances went out. Megan told me that the first 24 are garunteed their preference, then the next 24 would fill in the empty spots. I would turn the paperwork in as soon as possible so you maybe have a better chance of getting meridian. If you live in the area, maybe do it in person if they allow it.

I got an email today stating that I will be attending the Meridian campus.

Reactions: 2 users
Nice!! I am #1 on the waitlist....I’m just praying someone who got an acceptance today doesn’t want it....and by some miracle there’s still a spot open for me at Meridian!

I just got my acceptance letter!!! Hoping for the Meridian campus! Can’t wait to get started!

Congrates! That's awesome! Now you can stop thinking about it 24/7. I know I was constantly thinking about it and waiting until I heard. It was definitely a huge weight off my shoulders when I got my acceptance letter! Fingers crossed for Meridian

Congrates! That's awesome! Now you can stop thinking about it 24/7. I know I was constantly thinking about it and waiting until I heard. It was definitely a huge weight off my shoulders when I got my acceptance letter! Fingers crossed for Meridian

I know what you mean! This has been a weight on my mind and shoulders. This whole process is just ridiculously brutal especially for a profession that prizes empathy.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a class Facebook page yet?

I made one for the meridian campus. Search Idaho state DPT Meridian campus, class of 2021

Got my assignment! Got the Meridian campus!!!! Wooooot!!!!

Nice!! I am #1 on the waitlist....I’m just praying someone who got an acceptance today doesn’t want it....and by some miracle there’s still a spot open for me at Meridian!

If you don't mind me asking what were your stats?
I heard ISU considers last 60 semester credit hours to calculate cumulative GPA... is this true?